Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick inspection of the manual and the settings menu didn't reveal any obvious answers to this. Is it possible to deactivate the ridiculous "sci-fi" sound effects when you press the Power button? The novelty wears off very quickly and (as happened last night) when arriving at home late with two children asleep in the back, the last thing you want is a car that makes a Star Trek sound when you turn it off!

·
Registered
145 Posts
A quick inspection of the manual and the settings menu didn't reveal any obvious answers to this. Is it possible to deactivate the ridiculous "sci-fi" sound effects when you press the Power button? The novelty wears off very quickly and (as happened last night) when arriving at home late with two children asleep in the back, the last thing you want is a car that makes a Star Trek sound when you turn it off!
You cannot turn the start up sound effects off but can reduce the volume by quickly turning the radio volume down during start up.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feared as much. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Startup sounds are configurable as "Audio Cue" in the [Config] / [Radio] Menu. you can set volume or turn off the cues (by unticking the audio cues option).
Infotainment manual page 17
Capture.PNG

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's excellent, thanks very much. I'd never have thought to look in that manual!

·
Registered
661 Posts
yes but when can you customise the external "engine noise" speaker sound.
I want to have some kind of hovering sound effect!

·
Registered
340 Posts
that would be cool - I wish you could turn off all the chimes and bongs from seat belts to door open, all very American...

·
Registered
340 Posts
I think I've turned off the "remote in car" bong and the "charging interrupted" alarm (we get power cuts from time to time) but haven't found the others anywhere - let me know if you spot them. If they are there they'll be called something that gives you no clue as to what they actually are!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
It was quirky when I got the Ampera, now it just spoils the silent start.... Ah the silence off electric.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts