Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above when I select stationary air conditioning it does not start and informs me the car needs to be plugged in for this function to work. My car is at 56% state of charge so there is enough power in the traction battery. I am also on the latest 2.1.

I remember in the app for my Golf GTE there was an option to allow the car to cool heat without it being plugged in but I cannot see that option for the ID.3 anywhere. Anyone else experience issues pre heating/cooling without being plugged in?

·
Registered
ID3 life
171 Posts
As above when I select stationary air conditioning it does not start and informs me the car needs to be plugged in for this function to work. My car is at 56% state of charge so there is enough power in the traction battery. I am also on the latest 2.1.

I remember in the app for my Golf GTE there was an option to allow the car to cool heat without it being plugged in but I cannot see that option for the ID.3 anywhere. Anyone else experience issues pre heating/cooling without being plugged in?
Yes I've got that problem, was hoping 2.1 would fix it. Also mine won't do it via the app unless it's plugged in.

·
Registered
2020 VW ID3 Life 58kWh
531 Posts
The work around is to put in the seatbelt and then put on the Aircon, it stays on after you get out (for 30min) as it thinks there is someone in the seat it's not great but better than nothing.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I haven't tried the stationary air con / heater properly before, but decided to try yesterday before leaving work as I knew the car would be warm and turned it on manually via the app. The car wasn't plugged in and it did work.

Only issue was it set to AUTO and was blasting ice cold air at the fastest speed possible and the lag of the air con menu becoming available meant I couldn't turn it off or down for a bit!

·
Registered
1 Posts

If you mean with stationairy airconditioning the feature that can preheat or precool the cabin than I have no big problems with the ID.3 business update 0792. I live in the Netherlands.

I can activate this function through the infotainment screen when seated. Also with we connect id app or by just unlocking the car remotly with the carkey (slider setting needs to be activated in the option menu). I get no error that it needs to be plugged in.

Perfect when buckling up the kids when its warm outside.

The only thing that is bothering me is that when I activate it throught the app it is getting reactivated when leaving the car after a short trip. Sometimes without notice.

Have only used it in short trips and cooling so for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had lots of the problems mentioned above, never worked, even after the 2.1 update. I logged a support case with VW via the app who did not say they had fixed anything..... They stated there was a general issue affecting everyone, but it magically started working, plugged in or not and via the app or car. Worth a try doing the same...

·
Registered
LEAF24 and ID.3 Pro Performance Style
28 Posts
Having issues here.
The option to turn on a/c when getting out of the car doesn’t work when I touch the switch on the screen, it just bounces back to “off”.
In the app there is a start/stop button and a slider for the temp, but what about the steering wheel and seats? Can’t they be turned on remotely?
When I go into the settings on the car, I see a button that says “set departure time” but it doesn’t do anything when I touch it. And it shows a top down view of the car; I thought I’d be able to touch the steering wheel and drivers seat to change settings for those.
Our model is the Style spec, so it only has single zone climate control: would that be the problem???

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,776 Posts
Having issues here.
The option to turn on a/c when getting out of the car doesn’t work when I touch the switch on the screen, it just bounces back to “off”.
In the app there is a start/stop button and a slider for the temp, but what about the steering wheel and seats? Can’t they be turned on remotely?
When I go into the settings on the car, I see a button that says “set departure time” but it doesn’t do anything when I touch it. And it shows a top down view of the car; I thought I’d be able to touch the steering wheel and drivers seat to change settings for those.
Our model is the Style spec, so it only has single zone climate control: would that be the problem???
It works in my Life model with single zone. The screen is a bit laggy, so if you retouch the ‘Air condition now’ option you are turning it on/off.

Are you on 2.1?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It works in my Life model with single zone. The screen is a bit laggy, so if you retouch the ‘Air condition now’ option you are turning it on/off.

Are you on 2.1?
Thanks.

We’re on 2.1, yes. Only picked it up from the dealer last Friday, and he did the upgrade before that.

Good to hear it works in the single zone system.

Can you turn it on via the app when the car is not plugged in? And when getting out of the car at the shops, for example, when not plugged in?

And can you remotely turn on the steering wheel and the seats?

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,776 Posts
Thanks.

We’re on 2.1, yes. Only picked it up from the dealer last Friday, and he did the upgrade before that.

Good to hear it works in the single zone system.

Can you turn it on via the app when the car is not plugged in? And when getting out of the car at the shops, for example, when not plugged in?

And can you remotely turn on the steering wheel and the seats?
I can turn on aircon via the app, plugged or unplugged, although the app is a bit unreliable. I haven't tried the heated seats or steering wheel remotely.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can turn on aircon via the app, plugged or unplugged, although the app is a bit unreliable. I haven't tried the heated seats or steering wheel remotely.
Do you have the heat pump in your car, by any chance? I'm trying to rule out any differences in our set ups that might explain the different behaviour. We do not have the heat pump in ours.

·
Registered
Volkwagen ID3 1st Edition
83 Posts
Do you have the heat pump in your car, by any chance? I'm trying to rule out any differences in our set ups that might explain the different behaviour. We do not have the heat pump in ours.
No heat pump in mine, dual zone, I can turn on air con remotely plugged in or not. It's one of the things that probably worked 4 out of 5 times pre update but always worked post update, only issue I get is that the app sometimes generates an error even though it has worked.

·
Registered
ID.4 1st edition (previously Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)
439 Posts
Ive the ID4, and I can leave the car and the aircon can stay on (used this a lot last week!)
The app also turns on the aircon or heating - though as someone says it sometimes gets confused! and it takes about a minute to activate!
Yes it does also turn on the heated seats as someone asked.

You dont need to be plugged in for this to work... I used it when out shopping and turned the aircon on and came back to a lovely cool/cold car when it was 25C !!!
also it isnt that hungry for power...
climate on - fan midway; temp low/sync - ran at between 1.2-1.6kWh/h but settled to 1.2kWh after a minute or so.
Climate max a/c - settled around 2.1 kWh/h

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ive the ID4, and I can leave the car and the aircon can stay on (used this a lot last week!)
The app also turns on the aircon or heating - though as someone says it sometimes gets confused! and it takes about a minute to activate!
Yes it does also turn on the heated seats as someone asked.

You dont need to be plugged in for this to work... I used it when out shopping and turned the aircon on and came back to a lovely cool/cold car when it was 25C !!!
also it isnt that hungry for power...
climate on - fan midway; temp low/sync - ran at between 1.2-1.6kWh/h but settled to 1.2kWh after a minute or so.
Climate max a/c - settled around 2.1 kWh/h
Great info, thanks.

This is exactly what I want to be able to do with my ID3. As I mentioned, my car only has the single zone climate control (it's the Style spec), and maybe that's the problem. That said, MrPaulus has it working on his car, which has the same climate control system as mine.

Just to be clear; the stationery air con does work on mine when the car is plugged in, and the app can turn it on and off when it's plugged in, so the system does 'work', there's no fault in the hardware....my issue is that I want to be able to do that while not plugged in, for exactly the same reason as you (coming back to a chilled car after doing a bit of shopping). My 2015 Nissan LEAF can do this, so it's amazing a more modern car like the ID3 can't.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I haven't tried the stationary air con / heater properly before, but decided to try yesterday before leaving work as I knew the car would be warm and turned it on manually via the app. The car wasn't plugged in and it did work.

Only issue was it set to AUTO and was blasting ice cold air at the fastest speed possible and the lag of the air con menu becoming available meant I couldn't turn it off or down for a bit!
Can you confirm, do you have the single or dual zone air con in your ID3?

·
Registered
ID3 life
171 Posts
Can you confirm, do you have the single or dual zone air con in your ID3?
I have the same problem as you with my life model. I've got a life courtesy car at the moment while my car has the 2.1 update, and the stationery Aircon works perfectly. The car is single zone Aircon. I'm willing to bet the app would work as well but can't set it up for obvious reasons. The stationery Aircon is a really useful feature, hopefully we'll get it sorted. Have you contacted VW customer services about this issue?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As nice a feature it is I cannot be arsed to inform my dealer. I think I'm just going to wait for the next post 2.1 OTA, see if this fixes it. Maybe the next mini heatwave will give me the impetus to do something about it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same problem as you with my life model. I've got a life courtesy car at the moment while my car has the 2.1 update, and the stationery Aircon works perfectly. The car is single zone Aircon. I'm willing to bet the app would work as well but can't set it up for obvious reasons. The stationery Aircon is a really useful feature, hopefully we'll get it sorted. Have you contacted VW customer services about this issue?
Interesting, so on the Life spec courtesy car, the stationery air con works when not plugged in? Great news if that's the case because it means it can be done, and there's just some sort of a glitch with mine.

Yes, I've emailed VW services about it, just waiting on a reply. I'll post an update when I hear from them.

·
Registered
ID3 life
171 Posts
Interesting, so on the Life spec courtesy car, the stationery air con works when not plugged in? Great news if that's the case because it means it can be done, and there's just some sort of a glitch with mine.

Yes, I've emailed VW services about it, just waiting on a reply. I'll post an update when I hear from them.
I've got an ongoing case with them about it, and the app heating/cooling start (I think they're linked in my opinion). Customer service is not great. They told me to wait till after 2.1 update.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts