Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned two versions of the Leaf (30kwh and 40kwh). On both versions, starting the remote heating from the app resulted in the windows steaming up on the inside meaning that the car had to be demisted manually by pressing the a/c or front express demister once you got into the car, so the remote heating was "wasted". This week, I left the heater on the Floor Only setting by mistake before locking the car. In the morning, I started the remote heating and to my surprise, no steamy windows at all. No need for a/c or express demister. So my tip is if your Leaf steams up when you use the remote heating function try leaving the heater set on Floor Only before you lock the car.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Interesting, I'd have expected the opposite because the AC is supposed to dehumidify and dry the windscreen.

Very interesting discovery!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Isn’t this more an issue of when you actually get into the car? The only times I’ve had droplets inside the windows after pre-heating are when I’ve not got into the car until after the pre-heating has stopped, so it’s had time to condense again - at least, that’s how I interpreted it. My heating is generally set to screen, occasionally floor and screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts