Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure i'm not alone in suffering form a lot of steamy window problems with my EV, unfortunately no they don't steam up for 'that' reason.....

I came across this 'handy tip' video yesterday and thought I'd post a link up here so other's can also take quick easy cheap action to help reduce condensation on their windscreens

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just bought something similar for mine, so see if it works or not, also tried some rain X anti - fog, which I put on Monday, it's left a few streaks which are a bit annoying in on coming headlights and haven't really had time to test it yet as I've been in the ICE the last couple of days. Will give it another 'buff' with the cloth tomorrow and see if things are improved.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Found the streaks after some time outweighed the advantage of the anti-fog stuff, after a promising start.
I've managed to get mine streak-free after about 5 or 6 attempts at cleaning with various different cloths.
Best result was achieved with McDonald's napkins...

Now that it is streak-free, it seems to work pretty well.

Reactions: Kelvin

·
Registered
536 Posts
I've managed to get mine streak-free after about 5 or 6 attempts at cleaning with various different cloths.
Best result was achieved with McDonald's napkins...

Now that it is streak-free, it seems to work pretty well.
Kitchen roll is usually pretty good too, I'll have another go at it tomorrow but streaks are worse than fog in some cases, particularly when it distorts headlights which can make it down right dangerous. Should really have tested it on the bathroom mirror first ;)

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
In case anyone with a Volt or Ampera hasn't yet discovered this: the trick to avoiding the windows steaming up every time you put the aircon in 'auto' mode is to immediately go into the climate screen and turn off the air recycle option. Auto climate is far too keen on recycling the air to warm the car up faster.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Reactions: Tattersky

·
Banned
1,497 Posts
There is a spray window cleaner that I've been using for a few years with great success on my old car - Astonish Anti-Fog Cleaner. It's not even very expensive! Works well IME.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i bought some fogdoc to be honest im convinced nothing will work as i really want it to

1 - 12 of 12 Posts