Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all
Bit of a strange one this ; sitting with the car turned on and in park
I noticed a grinding whiring noise on the steering ; it’s not loud ; but defo present ; if I move the wheel a fraction it is silent and then in a few seconds it starts again ... it’s like it’s under tension in some way
my explanation is diabolical ; but wonder if anyone else gets this ; park up somewhere very quiet and see

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
181 Posts
Haven't noticed any noises from steering, but there is that noise from the brake pump now and then... Maybe you are hearing that noise instead?

In contrast, I used to own a Citroën C4 hatchback about 10 years ago, and that had a fairly loud power steering motor sound (still remember it to this day... o_O )
But again, on the Corsa-e I haven't noticed such sounds.

I would think it's normal for power steering to make some noises under tension, but I'm not sure it should be like grinding noises. Maybe you should have it checked...

·
Registered
17 Posts
My corsa-e has a low humming noise whilst idle. It starts when I press the start button and also continues for around a minute after I’ve stopped and locked the car. It kind of sounds like the heater is on even though it isn’t.
I’ve only had it a month and after having a leaf which was super quiet compared to this It’s a bit annoying. The passenger side window motor is also faulty, it Stopped working last week and I took it in to be sorted. They have a new motor on order but since then it has started working intermittently. It won’t work for a day and then just spring to life the next.
I have fired off many emails and spoke to the dealer about these problems but not really had any satisfactory answers. It is booked to go in for the recall and window motor next week and I hope it’s sorted out.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,896 Posts
My steering makes an odd vibration as well. I've driven 3 different ones and they all have it. When stopped you can feel it on the wheel. Not had that on any other car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts