Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started hearing a high piched churr on and off from one rear corner, wheel was just warm compared to the others so looks like a sticking brake, the disc has a clean line right at the edge. Anyone had this before ?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I do think this has been experienced before but not by me. The line suggests a stone chip has got lodged perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This problem returned with more squeaking and getting hot, so I finally got some time to look at it,
The disc backplate was bent just enough to contact the disc under some conditions, looks like the wheel had been dropped on the backplate at some point wile being fitted / removed so swift action with mole grips to bend the backplate and the problem is no more.
The disk is virtually new apart from the rust, no wear at all as others have noted.

The car feels very different to drive so that problem was there when I bought it, got an extra 3 miles of range today.

Brakeparts.co.uk stock all the usual parts discs, pads, fitting kits, front & real calipers, repair kits under opel ampera at very reasonable prices

1 - 4 of 4 Posts