Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still looking after a year, but all the ideal sounding examples are hundreds of miles away. New one on Autotrader though, a bit closer to home, poor pictures with the number plate blanked out. Is there really any reason to do that? The seller says it's a 14 but I use it for looking into MoT history

·
Registered
23 Posts
Private message the guy to get plate. There had been cases of people taking deposits before coming to view. And then no car exists.
I looked at a car that had just been advertised and the guy had taken a £100 deposit of someone else just to come and look at it. Then told me they would sell to me anyway. That was a well known EV dealer

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
It looks like I may have to sell mine :cry: due to the need for a 5th seat for our grandchild.
This is the only reason to sell and purchase a 5 seat BEV instead.
Best car I've owned.

Silver Topaz positiv, MY2013 on a 64 plate 45,000 miles covered so 55,000miles and 3 years Voltec warranty remaining. And yes the 5th year service has just been completed with the coolant by Bellingers.

Should add it's 12v Battery is just 3 years old, the alloy wheels were replaced by VX at 3 years so not corroded. It has had the rear reflectors replaced (water in them) and the drivers door handle - all 4 currently work.
All 4 tires are good and are Goodyear efficient grip. It also has the luxury of a diy radiator grill as advised by the forum.
Will throw in the 5m T1-T2 cable alongside the Granny Unit.

Edit wrong model it's a positive without the sat nav,

Any interest?

Alan
PM me

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
That was just to see what an amp is.
Though if interested it is now available i suppose :unsure:

There is a suitable (5 seat) bev turned up so now thinking of selling the Amp, shame really as it's a brilliant car. Does everything I want up to now

·
Registered
218 Posts
It looks like I may have to sell mine :cry: due to the need for a 5th seat for our grandchild.
This is the only reason to sell and purchase a 5 seat BEV instead.
Best car I've owned.
It might make sense to keep the car - and hire a bus when you need to take the grandchildren out.
Grandchildren grow up so fast that, before you know where you are, they will be tapping you up for a contribution to their own car or house. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I let one go last year due to pressure from 'er indoors who spotted the lack of centre seat - we could't carry 3 (there's now 4) grandkids, she complained. But when I think back to when we last had 3 of of them in the back of the Golf it was a couple of Christmases ago. So it's all a bit of a myth. It's bloody uncomfortable squeezing three together anyway, they don't like it. Now there's four there'll have to be 2 cars, sorted.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I've thought about this, hiring a car for the 3/4 weeks they are here in the UK is a possible solution as well, though I'm not a fan of car hire.
I'm not sure what to do.:confused: will probably sell while it still has some voltec warranty left for someone to use up.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've thought about this, hiring a car for the 3/4 weeks they are here in the UK is a possible solution as well, though I'm not a fan of car hire.
I'm not sure what to do.:confused: will probably sell while it still has some voltec warranty left for someone to use up.
You will regret it - over the years due to various reasons I have been persuaded by my head to sell things that I treasure. My heart is still pining for them . . .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
.... I asked for the reg of the dark blue one on Autotrader, the one that came through doesn't exist .....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Included in the seller's reply was the statement that it had never had any work done under warranty, which for 90,000 miles I find difficult to believe.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That would suggest it had never seen a dealer. The Chevy dealer done my gearbox bearing, wheel bearing and struts I think all under warranty and without being asked for the last two

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow - that's expensive! I only paid £10k this year for my 2012 Electron with 35K miles, from a dealer! Admittedly I had to travel to Scotland to pick it up.......but good Amperas are so rare, it was worth the risk!

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
@Spiny you could rent a battery EV for a month or two from www.evezy.co.uk which would sort your problem and allow you to have fun with an EV for a bit too :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
9 Participants
Spiny
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing