Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20140810_111758-1.jpg 20140810_111751-1.jpg 20140810_111812-1.jpg I was browsing the @CYC map this morning and spotted a new rapid listed in my area. An ABB unit that's being put in right near the centre. I hope it is well sign posted or it will be constantly iced.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Who is the company that will be running it do you know
As stated if it's on their map then Charge your Car @CYC They are the administrators of it and not the owners. It's probably a Stockton Borough Council unit?

Reactions: tim_battersby

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've just been over to check out the new rapid. It's all powered up but still showing out of order. It's got the new CCS plug as well as the Chademo and 22kW AC. There is no mention of what parking charges apply but then the bays have not been marked out yet. Is it usual to get free parking whilst charging at town centre chargers. I used a type 2 the other day and assumed charging was free while charging but maybe should have asked first. Isn't this one a bit odd in that it is a rapid in a town centre car park or is this likely to become the norm?

·
BMW i3 Rex
241 Posts
My understanding is that parking is free in Stockton - I use the Thompson Street park regularly - but Durham now do charge. There's no information in the parks themselves.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
You have to check the relevant council website parking section to see if it is free whilst charging.
Newcastle, Gateshead, Morpeth, North Tyneside and South Tyneside County Councils are currently all still free parking but must be connected and charging.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I can shed some light on this one. I was the first to use it (according to the workmen who are working here and who installed the cabling).
The post is on the CYC network and is free to use. It worked fine for me a week ago, but when I dropped in on Friday it was not working. Hopefully just teething trouble as it has just become my nearest rapid!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Does anyone know if this charger is still out of action? It's showing as out of service on the CYC map with this mornings date and time. Does that mean that somebody reported it this morning or could the CYC data be out of date?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Does anyone know if this charger is still out of action? It's showing as out of service on the CYC map with this mornings date and time. Does that mean that somebody reported it this morning or could the CYC data be out of date?
For instant @CYC information you are better directly calling or tweeting them @ChargeYourCar

·
Registered
310 Posts
Having used this charger twice I can confirm it works! No card of any description needed - just plug in. What's clear is that the intended EV charging bay isn't surfaced yet (to the left of the machine in the photos above) as the town centre regeneration in not yet complete - but it won't be long. Did tweet the council to paint the adjacent bay that's effectively behind the unit for now. And yes, its free parking in EV bays in Stockton council car parks

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I've used it too and tweeted CYC about the lack of need for a card. They told me it had been set up wrongly and that they would be spring it out soon. So make sure you have your CYC card to hand if you do pop in to use it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It also continues charging after 80% without needing replugging. I had it up to 95% in about 50 minutes the other day.
I noticed last Friday that it read my card to start the charge but wouldn't read it to finish the charge. Then afterwards hasn't needed a card to charge since. I was expecting to see something like 30,000kWh charge show up on my account.:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts