Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm new here. My Zoe has broken down twice in a week, same problem both times and it's really knocked my confidence in the car. Both times the problem came up when I tried to start it. A really loud humming noise and dash lit up like Christmas 'STOP electric failure danger'. The noise stops after about 10 minutes but the car can't be started and says something like 'charging impossible'. First time the garage said they cleared a lot of faults and then it started fine. But clearly the underlying problem not fixed as after only 50ish miles of motoring the same problem again. The car has been in th garage since tuesday morning and still no news on when I can expect it back as they say they're talking to Renault (?!)

I put this into an existing thread and it was suggested I start a new one. Anyone experienced similar?

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Very sad to read another story of problems with Zoe :(

Hopefully Renault can get it resolved to your satisfaction...!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer has just phoned to say they've ordered a new motor which should be delivered on monday. The'll then do the service that was due to be done today and I can have it back :)

Hopefully that's the end of my problems (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Well it toke well over a year i'v had almost everything replaced on it bar the battery, it's cost them over 7k to fix it, but now it's all ok touch wood

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Hi, i'm new here. My Zoe has broken down twice in a week, same problem both times and it's really knocked my confidence in the car. Both times the problem came up when I tried to start it. A really loud humming noise and dash lit up like Christmas 'STOP electric failure danger'. The noise stops after about 10 minutes but the car can't be started and says something like 'charging impossible'. First time the garage said they cleared a lot of faults and then it started fine. But clearly the underlying problem not fixed as after only 50ish miles of motoring the same problem again. The car has been in th garage since tuesday morning and still no news on when I can expect it back as they say they're talking to Renault (?!)

I put this into an existing thread and it was suggested I start a new one. Anyone experienced similar?
If you want I can give you my number and talk to you about or you can find my posted and read them might help

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you want I can give you my number and talk to you about or you can find my posted and read them might help
Thanks, I'll try to get in touch over the weekend. It's not because I'm a girl, but it may be better to explain to my husband as he is an engineering/mechanicy type so better QUALIFIED to understand.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Thanks, I'll try to get in touch over the weekend. It's not because I'm a girl, but it may be better to explain to my husband as he is an engineering/mechanicy type so better QUALIFIED to understand.
Lol ok it is a good car you just need some things changed

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
@Shona this sounds like surprisingly quick progress (for Renault!) - who's your dealer? Wasn't it @Roberto that had the same problem and suggested that your motor was at fault? - Good call.
Hopefully this sorts it out and you'll soon be enjoying Zoe - as @Eunicholas says, it's a great car.
Keep us posted, we're with you all the way!

Reactions: EV Rider

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dealer is Callow Marsh in Hereford. I wonder if they monitor these forums - I would!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Spoke to Karen Johnson this morning about the on going battery charging impossible errors I am still getting with my Zoe (11 months later) and she insisted on telling me that the Zoe is incompatible with certain charging posts but couldn't tell me which ones and basically I have to live with it! Renault customer service is really really poor and they should do something about it, I now have a car which might or might not charge when I get to a charging destination - thanks very much Renault!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
This doesn't really make sense does it ? Surely the charging post is just delivering 240v and it's not up to the car to be fussy.
My experience so far with the BCI message has only been on my Rolec home point and then just at Random times. I have never had a problem on the Ecotricity points and only other problem has been with Source London points but I think that has been the post rather than the car as I haven't had the BCI message.
That's really not good enough service from Renault.

Spoke to Karen Johnson this morning about the on going battery charging impossible errors I am still getting with my Zoe (11 months later) and she insisted on telling me that the Zoe is incompatible with certain charging posts but couldn't tell me which ones and basically I have to live with it! Renault customer service is really really poor and they should do something about it, I now have a car which might or might not charge when I get to a charging destination - thanks very much Renault!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts