Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
New cars are out of reach of a lot of people.

I'd want to see an actual press release before believing it though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Anyone on DSG's list knew this a fortnight ago!

I think it's a UK thing, lease will be an option elsewhere. I'm guessing so much of the UK new car market is either PCP or contract hire now that it's simpler to keep it all as one unit. I could make a case for either on the old ones depending on your mileage but it was confusing to customers. Although when I was comparing ZE40 there wasn't a lot in it for total monthly payment anyway. Owned battery was more upfront but higher GMFV so monthlies about the same.

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Announced by Renault HO staff at Milton Keynes event. Dealership only found out about this today so don’t know how DSG knew.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just announced. The new Zoe will only be sold battery included.
Makes sense, Renault are/were the only oddball still doing this in the uk.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
New cars are out of reach of a lot of people.

I'd want to see an actual press release before believing it though.
not at £12k for an electric car that costs less in rental than fuel

£22k is an ouch amount

but if they can finance them so the monthlies remain in the £250/month range then maybe it’ll work

my niece leases a smart ForFour at £120/month no deposit - that’s affordable motoring

JJ

·
Premium Member
10,053 Posts
Zoe won't be £12k new even with battery rental.
It hasn't been for a while, especially after grant was cut.

I guess makes sense to align with PSA and other OEMs and drop battery lease. It was odd they hadn't said what monthly cost was going to be.

I suspect ZE50 PCP will be expensive to start with, but maybe GFVs for 4 year deal will be better than ZE40 due to stronger support in market? Let's hope so...

·
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Salesman told me a pcp should be around £300 a month with a £3000 deposit. They were hoping to have some firm prices but Renault France haven’t finalised them yet.
Dealerships are hoping to have RHD demonstrators in Nov/Dec. Deliveries in the new year, although they wouldn’t say exactly when.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That sounds about right. I was quoted just over £340pm for an Iconic (mid spec) with CCS and winter pack on £1500 deposit. Renault are doing deposit contribution of £1800 from the start too.

·
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
£18k not a bad price for a battery owned Zoe if you want to buy outright.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,084 Posts
Understandable, but I thought they were doing lease versions later and just doing owned-only for now.

If not it's difficult to imagine having the funds for another if/when the ZE20 isn't enough or dies. Probably end up either back on ICE, or abandoning driving.

·
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The lady from Renault HQ said now people are more confident in batteries lasting they prefer owning rather than leasing.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Zoe won't be £12k new even with battery rental.
ok - £14k

my neighbour was asking about myZoe the other day as he’d been to Vauxhall’s and mid spec Astra was £20k

that DSG deal is pretty good with £7k discount

JJ

1 - 20 of 228 Posts