Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ampera is currently on pre-warm. I recognise the cabin heater fan noise but there is a strange noise coming from the front nearside of the engine bay and I wondered if anyone has any idea what it is?

It is intermittent and quite loud. It sounds like a pump of some kind but it is on and off at 2-3 second intervals, then on for longer, then off, then intermittent again. It is also variable in speed sometimes slowing and sometimes speeding up.

It is quite loud. If you have this noise you will hear it over the cabin fan when standing at the front. It is most strange.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Paul Churchley said:
My Ampera is currently on pre-warm. I recognise the cabin heater fan noise but there is a strange noise coming from the front nearside of the engine bay and I wondered if anyone has any idea what it is?

It is intermittent and quite loud. It sounds like a pump of some kind but it is on and off at 2-3 second intervals, then on for longer, then off, then intermittent again. It is also variable in speed sometimes slowing and sometimes speeding up.

It is quite loud. If you have this noise you will hear it over the cabin fan when standing at the front. It is most strange.

Any ideas?
Hi Paul,

Not sure if you have scanned the US site for reported strange noises, which may be similar for the Ampera, if not, there may be something helpful via this link.

http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?13642-List-of-Various-Volt-Noise-Bulletins-(with-potential-caues-and-possible-solutions)&p=146619#post146619

1 - 4 of 4 Posts