Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving round last night, twice people pulled out their phones to take photos of my car! (I know I'm devastatingly handsome, but I'm sure it was the car :p )

I Have to say it's very odd, but does make you feel like you've chosen something special.

Hopefully it will calm down when they become a bit more common, but up in the backwaters of Nottingham this might be a while!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You need to practice your "Royal Wave" :)

Reactions: Eunicholas

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
If you spend much time saving range by driving at 60 on the motorway, you'll get people (normally passengers) filming you as they overtake. Can be a little distracting.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Got that when I was one of the first in the country to own a Peugeot RCZ. Had people pipping me asking me to wind down the window and said 'what car is that?'. They didn't believe me when I said a Peugeot.

Less of the 'back waters' though! Whereabouts are you? Guessing not St Ann's.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got that when I was one of the first in the country to own a Peugeot RCZ. Had people pipping me asking me to wind down the window and said 'what car is that?'. They didn't believe me when I said a Peugeot.

Less of the 'back waters' though! Whereabouts are you? Guessing not St Ann's.
Nope out in the wilds of Burton Joyce :)

Weirdly though I got more attention in Monaco last week driving my 10 year old Elise!! Very odd having kids run down the street taking photos of you shouting "Lotus, Lotus", when there were plenty of £250k cars kicking around!

Didn't see a single Model S in 3500 miles of my trip. Saw one other Elise doing the Stelvio Pass, and an early series one on dutch plates near Nice. So both fairly rare cars (at the moment).

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
@Simon Mac You weren't driving along Forest Fields yesterday around 4.30pm were you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts