Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 2014
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I can't recall any straps. In any event, the cables now live in a mess on the boot floor!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Heh - so do these dumbell things. I wonder if they are for securing the cable in some way. I did try, but I looked like one of those chimps in a science experiment and in the end only got a sort of decorative arrangement as if for an obscure village festival.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Are you sure they came with charging cable? They sound exactly like the straps and dumb-bells that come with (or can be bought) to secure rear mounted bike racks. The dumb-bells are placed inside the boot and then straps for bike rack are threaded through boot hinge and looped around each bell. It avoids using bike rack hooks on flimsy plastic spoilers.

link to ones sold in Halfords. (They are essential kit for using bike rack on any car with plastic spoiler)

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 2014
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure they came with charging cable? They sound exactly like the straps and dumb-bells that come with (or can be bought) to secure rear mounted bike racks. The dumb-bells are placed inside the boot and then straps for bike rack are threaded through boot hinge and looped around each bell. It avoids using bike rack hooks on flimsy plastic spoilers.

link to ones sold in Halfords. (They are essential kit for using bike rack on any car with plastic spoiler)

AH! Them's the chaps. Must have got left in there by the seller.

Glad nobody saw me trying to secure the charging cables. He. Poor old boy. I could have been carted off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts