Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I’ve sourced both a black and a white E-Niro MY2020, but I cannot decide which colour I prefer.

I know it’s down to personal preference, but which colour would you guys go for?

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
White, yes it gets dirty but it can be cleaned and is much more forgiving of scratches and surface blemishes.

·
Registered
952 Posts
White.

My gf has a black Prius (her choice against my advice), and it's killing her at the moment. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a black car years ago, and keeping it clean almost drove me crazy. My white Niro EV hides dirt better. However, be warned that the back end attracts all possible dirt, probably due to aerodynamics.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
To me white is the only attractive e-niro colour (I am sure many will disagree). I was surprised how good my e-niro looked in white when I collected it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
All the (uk) factory colour options are very boring and mostly too dark.
From the options you've got I'd take white for sure.

·
Registered
305 Posts
To me white is the only attractive e-niro colour (I am sure many will disagree). I was surprised how good my e-niro looked in white when I collected it.
I think the new blue for MY21 is really nice. I hate white and silver cars, always have, so it was a choice between grey, dark blue, and black for me. Went for grey because we already owned black and dark blue cars at the time. I think the light blue EV highlights work nicely on the grey model.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
372 Posts
Hehe, white probably returns better energy efficiency than black. Black theoretically requires more AC energy to cool the cabin in hot sunshine. Also, black will radiate away more cabin heat on dull cold winter days so requiring more heating energy to keep warm. Ok ok, the effect will be minuscule in the general scheme of things, but the physics is real and present.

I don’t mind the look of black but the practicality of keeping it clean is a nightmare. So if it’s just one or the other, I would likely go for white. Surprisingly, white cars look cleaner even when they are mucky. Definitely show small scratches less.

I believe a statistical study was once done somewhere that suggested white cars are safer due to better visibility. Sorry It was a long time back and I don’t recall the source.

Peter

·
Registered
106 Posts
Here's my black e-niro first edition. As you can see it's filthy down the sides (also on the back). I drive it mainly around country roads so it's never really clean. I like the white one, but think the black one is lovely too! Don't know if this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
I believe a statistical study was once done somewhere that suggested white cars are safer due to better visibility. Sorry It was a long time back and I don’t recall the source.
Indeed, White cars are 12% less likely to be involved in accidents compared to black cars.

Some studies say yellow is even safer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts