Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 2 years of fault free driving my leaf, I decided to go the full hog and get rid of my old diesel van and get a shiny new env200.. awesome.. I can turn up to install a charge point in a van befitting the work being carried out.. as we have a had faultless driving experience over the last 20 years driving all forms of Nissan vehicles it was an easy choice.. on contract hire by necessity to keep the monthly outgoings as low as possible.. all signed and going well until I was informed my credit was rejected ?? checked my Experian score and it was 100% as expected, I have never been turned down before.. informed by the dealer it was because I already have 2 cars with RCI the LEAF & my wife’s JUKE , and in this time of crisis a third vehicle was to much of a risk I suppose.. and to compound the problem.. the only vans suitable or available.. EN200 and KANGOO are both part of the Nissan Renault Mitsubishi conglomerate financed by RCI (Renault credit international) so, back to stinky diesel I suppose..
gary

·
Registered
68 Posts
You're right, credit history is only one part of the equation, lenders will have their own criteria like salary, employment status etc. It sounds like you're in a trade so are you self employed? Lenders might shy away from that in this time of economic uncertainty.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You’d maybe be able to find another lease company to supply one - hard to tell when looking online who the funder will be but ringing round some lease brokers once you’ve scouted out some deals online could work.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,356 Posts
Could you give the Leaf to wifey, and sell the Juke?
I like that. By doing so @gary wyatt-williams gets rid of 2 fossil burners and satisfies RCI rules.

Personally, I would go for dealing with someone else than RCI. They've been nothing but pain for me with my 2 Zoe. (see #tag below)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're right, credit history is only one part of the equation, lenders will have their own criteria like salary, employment status etc. It sounds like you're in a trade so are you self employed? Lenders might shy away from that in this time of economic uncertainty.
yeah.. self employed.. since 1968 but its still viewed as "risky"..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you give the Leaf to wifey, and sell the Juke?
nope, the van is for my employees.. and later in the year im going to need to do the same for our second diesel van too.. ohhh joy.. and the wife is a bloody dinosaur who wont even think about an electric car because she goes to cornwall once a year..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just a suggestion.....I don't know who you banking with but my bank ( Bank of Scotland) are offering car finance on 3.5% APR for existing customers up to 60 months. I bought my EV cash, otherwise I would had borrow money from them. At the moment there is not a dealer around me that can mach the offer. Give your bank a try, nothing to lose.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a suggestion.....I don't know who you banking with but my bank ( Bank of Scotland) are offering car finance on 3.5% APR for existing customers up to 60 months. I bought my EV cash, otherwise I would had borrow money from them. At the moment there is not a dealer around me that can mach the offer. Give your bank a try, nothing to lose.
yeah, looked down that route.. BIG deposit up front.. and monthlies over a hundred dearer than CH.. stupid decision alert.. i had already flogged the old van to make room.. now i gotta go buy a cheap diesel van until i can see a way forward..

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
British Gas seem to think so. They've ordered 1000.
I spotted a DPD courier dropping off parcels in one only last week, nice to see.
The white ( of course ) Nissan van was covered in green Zero emission decals.
Also, Amazon are opening a brand new local distribution warehouse about 8 miles away from my home address, right on the English / North Wales border very soon.
They intend to use EV's to make what they call "The last mile delivery service" into parts of Cheshire and Flintshire areas.
They submitted plans to extend the parking areas ( even before it opens ) to include EV parking bays and chargers units to support the EV fleet of vans.
The oil burners will be used to cover the bigger distance deliveries.
A great step in the right direction in my opinion.
Huge fuel cost saving implications and zero emissions at the same time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts