Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm really enjoying the car but I'm not a fan of the chrome everywhere. The window trim is getting that milky decolouring so I have started to look into ways around it. Probably vinyl. Just need to figure out what finish.

What I really came here to ask is about the grille. I think the attached looks great so I was wondering if anyone knew how the little chrome strips are attached? Do they just clip off or are they bonded somehow? Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone is interested I went out and looked at the car. Pulled at the edge of one of the chrome bits and it just pops off. Some were on firmer than others. Took one bit off completely and was left with a flat section of black plastic with a small collection of slots in for the chrome bits to clip into. Didn't get a pic unfortunately.
I think if the leftover holes are in a regular pattern then it may not look too bad with all the bits removed. When I get more time I will remove all the bits from one section to see what's what. Coincidentally one of the bits is coming away on it own so I will have to address that at some point anyway. Removing is one option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts