Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to make the Leaf synchronize its internal clock with the Internet (Nissan servers)?

I thought that, with the "Auto" option turned on in settings, the synchronization was happening by default, all the time or at least very often. I have an Apple Watch, and I was pleased to see the same time in my Leaf. I mean, it used to be exactly the same, but it has gone out of sync recently, so I checked the time on the Internet, and of course the Watch was right, and the Leaf was wrong.

Now it is only about a minute ahead of the current time, so it is not a big deal (I do not use timers, anyway), but what if it deviates more over time, how do I fix it without turning "Auto" off? Perhaps I just need to turn that option off and back on, but I am wondering why the Leaf went out of sync at all, while it says it connects to Nissan on every startup? Have you ever noticed anything like a sudden clock drift in your Leaf?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Does anyone know how to make the Leaf synchronize its internal clock with the Internet (Nissan servers)?
I assume it gets the time via RDS or DAB (depending on year). While it could use GSM or GPS, both those are dependent on model (i.e. not the Visia) which makes it less likely the ubiquitous clock would rely on either.

Do you use the radio in the Leaf? I've not noticed in the Leaf, but my wife's VW updates the clock to/from summer-time the moment the radio is switched on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, you are right, it could be the radio! I do use it, but I have recently stopped using DAB and switched to FM because of poor DAB reception (gaps in the audio stream).

So I will try to switch back to DAB to see if it makes any difference. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For anyone who is interested - yes indeed, it turned out to be the DAB. I would never have thought of that, if it was not for the above reply:

I assume it gets the time via RDS or DAB (depending on year). While it could use GSM or GPS, both those are dependent on model (i.e. not the Visia) which makes it less likely the ubiquitous clock would rely on either.

Do you use the radio in the Leaf? I've not noticed in the Leaf, but my wife's VW updates the clock to/from summer-time the moment the radio is switched on.
Thanks again, DougM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts