Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
we have a 2014 Renault Kangoo 22kwh van, AFAIK the kangoo electrics are pretty well identical to the Zoe, apart frpm the charger, which is only 3.7Kw.

We charge it from a home wall box, and for all the time we have owned it the charge rate has been consistent at 3.7Kw., Full charge used to take around 6 hours including the balancing time.
Over time the charge time has dropped, it still charged at 3.7Kw but the charge period has reduced to around 4 hours. This would seem to be consistent with a gradual deterioration of the battery, the range has also reduced by around 25%.

Originally the Kangoo did not have a over the air access gizmo, but one was fitted a few months back.

Suddenly about a week ago the charge rate dropped to 2.5Kw, but the charge period remains the same - around 4 hours, so I now have only about 60% of the original available battery capacity. - I now have a fully charged range of less that 40 miles.

I suspect Renault have done an OTA mod to limit the charging - Is this possible?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is your battery still within warranty? Are you on battery lease? You may be able to have a free new battery fitted if the capacity has fallen below the warranty limit.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,508 Posts
Not that it matters for the issue, and forgive me the pedantry, but the 2014 Kangoo ZE is very much NOT identical to the ZOE, drive-train-wise. It's identical to the Fluence ZE, and much alike the first gen Leaf.

@Recombinant is right IMHO. I assume you rent the battery and AFAIK the contracts are more or less the same, <75% capacity is a reason for repair/replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts