Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks @Jack for suggesting I make a new thread for this.

We've just launched a new feature on our site: Suggest a Charger Location

This allows you to suggest up to five locations for rapid chargers. Zoom in on the satellite images and pin point the exact location (even the actual parking spaces) if you like, or just suggest a general area. We'll then let you know when we are installing chargers in the places you suggest, or contact you directly to ask your views ahead of planned installations.

Just click to add a point, click again to remove it. Hopefully it's all straightforward, please let me know how you get on.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Place a grid overlay with mesh size 25 miles onto a large map of the UK. Mark all mesh intersections. Install rapids as near to each mark as possible. Issue RFID cards free to all applicants. Charge 35p / kWh for all electricity drawn within 30 minutes. Add all visits to a monthly account and charge once a month to a registered credit card. Sit back and reap the rewards as EV ownership escalates exponentially.

·
Registered
886 Posts
done :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Dover and Wales

·
Registered
265 Posts
Another vote for Abergavenny. There's a new services planned for Llanfoist so perfect opportunity. Likewise, Monmouth.

There are new services at Raglan on both sides of the dual carriageway that need chargers.

Merthyr Tydfil to make it possible to get from start to end of heads of the valleys road.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Another vote for Abergavenny. There's a new services planned for Llanfoist so perfect opportunity. Likewise, Monmouth.

There are new services at Raglan on both sides of the dual carriageway that need chargers.

Merthyr Tydfil to make it possible to get from start to end of heads of the valleys road.

All good suggestions.

I popped the BP garage next to Ross on Wye castle down but Monmouth equally would be good.

If there was a charger in Brecon as well that'd be helpful. Would enable a northerly run to Swansea as opposed to having to take the M4.

My sixth choice was Ludlow

·
Registered
4,264 Posts

Brecon too, then Brecon Beacons National Park would be almost completely accessible by BEV.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
A303/A345 Amesbury, Wilts
A303/B3092 Mere, Wilts (Car park in Town Centre)
A37/A361 Shepton Mallet, Somerset
A3088/A303 Cartgate Roundabout Services, Somerset
A40/A465 Llanfoist, Monmouthshire

All at or near intersections of key routes. So all bar Cartgate (three) can directly serve four directions of travel. Llanfoist with minor detour serves five.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Norfolk/Suffolk - list of suggested sites:
1. A11 Barton Mills (Five Ways) roundabout - 2 rapids at McDonalds and 2 destination chargers at Travelodge hotel
2. A11/A47 Thickthorn, Norwich Park & Ride/Services - 2 rapids at Shell/Burger King/Travelodge and destination chargers at Park and Ride bus station.
3. A11/A14 Beacon Hill, Needham Market Services - 2 rapids
4. A143/A146 roundabout Stockton Beccles, Gillingham Services - 2 rapid (to serve both Gt Yarmouth and Lowestoft)
5. A10/A47/A149 roundabout Hardwick Road Retail Park, Kings Lynn - 2 rapids and replace destination chargers at Sainsbury's!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd love to see rapids at the following locations.

Runcorn, Cheshire
Warrington, Cheshire
Wincanton, Somerset

And I love the idea further up about issuing free RFID cards and charging 30p/KWh drawn within 30 minutes, and billed monthly to a registered valid payment method.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts