Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to trouble you, but can you point me towards an adapter that works with the 2020 Kona.
I have one that will not work under any circumstances.
In EV notify it is shown as a device that is already paired on my phone but will not light up the green and blue lights. So keeps stating no device found.
Thank you in advance.
Dan.

·
Registered
137 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used this one on my Kona 2019 works fine and is one of recommended ones on the EV Notify list. View attachment 132632
Thanks to everyone for replying.
This is the one that I have been trying to get working most of this afternoon. Delivered from Amazon today.
It pairs with my android phone and the just does nothing The only light that is on is the red one. When I try through EVnotify it shows up and keeps showing up but will not pair in the App. It keeps saying pair with a device and leads me to the same device in phone bluetooth devices and still will not work.
Dan

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
This is the one that I have been trying to get working most of this afternoon. Delivered from Amazon today.
It pairs with my android phone and the just does nothing The only light that is on is the red one. When I try through EVnotify it shows up and keeps showing up but will not pair in the App. It keeps saying pair with a device and leads me to the same device in phone bluetooth devices and still will not work.
Dan
Have you got the car fully switched on as some will not link until the car is in running mode

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I don't believe it, as Victor would say. I was at work away from car and uninstalled then reinstalled EVnotify.
I was going through the settings car make, obd2 name and other, when I saw the save button below. This option was not there yesterday. So I have now started afresh with the car and entered password then car make then selected obd2 then saved and Bu--er me it worked straight away. How strange is that?
Anyway I have now got it working and of course not being satisfied with that I downloaded Torque Pro and was met with every option do do with cars, but nothing to do with EV's.
I have found a YouTube video by esprit1st75 which might help.
Dan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dan
Make sure you save settings in EV notify setup page before opening the dashboard page.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Spider. We must have posted at the same time. That was the problem. The save button. Thank you to all.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Well I don't believe it, as Victor would say. I was at work away from car and uninstalled then reinstalled EVnotify.
I was going through the settings car make, obd2 name and other, when I saw the save button below. This option was not there yesterday. So I have now started afresh with the car and entered password then car make then selected obd2 then saved and Bu--er me it worked straight away. How strange is that?
Anyway I have now got it working and of course not being satisfied with that I downloaded Torque Pro and was met with every option do do with cars, but nothing to do with EV's.
Dan.
For the 2018/ 2019 Kona EV, a number of people have been using TorquePro for various parameters by following the information here :

As a later addendum, I should have mentioned that once you know what to do with the gitub information for TorquePro it's quite easy, but it might not look that way at first!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Dan.
Slap forehead with palm and say "DOH"! Just found the "save" symbol and suddenly everything worked. :) Thanks Dan.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dan.
For the e-Niro, EV-olution has a video showing how to create PID files and use Torque Pro for EV.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Many thanks to Chickster for that lead to EV-olution. Who could not explain it any better.
It looks a daunting task, but once you jump in it's simples. All done as shown and now up and running on my phone.
Dan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts