Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am wondering whether anyone else who uses summon regularly (there might be one or two out there... perhaps?, maybe? fine maybe I'm the only geek!) noticed its stopped working in the last week or is it just me?

As I have a very tight car port I use it regularly and found it works 95% of the time ok to put the car away and about 5% of the time to get the car out, however now I can't get it to work at all. Data works fine in the car and on my iPhone and I've tried reboots, app reinstalls and even tried joining them both to a wifi extender to ensure good coverage. Still nada so wondered if its just my car or a general bug/issue etc.

I used to have a good 3g signal at my home in the car but for some reason thats also vanished hence the wifi stuff.

Have recently installed a new Tesla OTA update and IOS update so both could be to blame.

It only affects summon (other app comms are ok) and getting one of two errors

"Disconnected from vehicle"
"Unable to connect to your vehicle"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I've no experience of summon but think I read somewhere if the car and phone are on the same wifi network it doesn't like it. Have you tried turning the wifi off on the phone and just using the cellular connection at that end?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I try to use Summon regularly - it has always been a bit flaky - sometimes connecting & sometimes not. The latest Android app seems to connect to the car a bit faster & more consistently than the old one - but occasionally comes up with your "reconnect" message & it always seems to be a Wifi / 4G interconnection matter. Putting phone on 4G only and restarting app seems to clear it usually

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've no experience of summon but think I read somewhere if the car and phone are on the same wifi network it doesn't like it. Have you tried turning the wifi off on the phone and just using the cellular connection at that end?

I think you may be onto something here! Because someone ran off with all the cars 3G's I had to connect both it and my iPhone to the same wifi. I've just tried with the car on the wifi extender and my phone on the in house wifi and it brought up the forward and reverse buttons, thank you! Will keep an eye from now on. The earth the moon and the stars have to align for summon to work, but I'll be happy to have it back.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I think you may be onto something here! Because someone ran off with all the cars 3G's I had to connect both it and my iPhone to the same wifi. I've just tried with the car on the wifi extender and my phone on the in house wifi and it brought up the forward and reverse buttons, thank you! Will keep an eye from now on. The earth the moon and the stars have to align for summon to work, but I'll be happy to have it back.
Good to hear! Sounds like us new owners may soon be getting the feature too

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like I spoke too soon. It's back to stopped working for me. Looks like I've got to try all the different combinations of data connections and wifi connectivity again. I've also noticed Spotify and TuneIn are all of a sudden struggling with their connection more than usual so wonder if something is wrong with the modem or data network.

·
Registered
2016 Tesla Model S70; 2021 Renault Zoe R135.
468 Posts
As noted above, Summon does not appear to work when both the car and the user's phone are on the same WiFi network. I had hoped that the recent app update (which did fix some things, for example displaying the car's location without crashing on some HTC handsets) would make a difference, but your travails suggest otherwise :(.

I believe the car's WiFi receiver is in the driver's door mirror. I don't know if knowing this will be of any use in your situation?

If you can connect the car up to a WiFi signal you could try leaving the key on the windscreen and moving to an area where there is a stronger 3G signal for your handset to work off?

Failing that you're into standing on one leg while holding a coathanger territory...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.