Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would the Sunday Times write an article ‘10 electric cars to buy in 2021’ (15 Nov behind paywall) and not mention the UK bestselling BEV of 2020 YTD, the Tesla Model 3? 🤔

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Why would the Sunday Times write an article ‘10 electric cars to buy in 2021’ (15 Nov behind paywall) and not mention the UK bestselling BEV of 2020 YTD, the Tesla Model 3? 🤔
Probably because Tesla don't pay to advertise anywhere and don't even have a PR dept anymore. Mind you, most of the time Tesla's PR was a howling disaster so that's probably no loss. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,743 Posts
Ignorance, I reckon.

The comments on the cars that they did include seemed pretty ignorant too.

In my humble opinion, of course!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think they've redeemed themselves with this Best 10 pure-electric cars with a range of 300 miles or more to buy from 2021 not sure if that's the same one, but it is a driving section of The Sunday Times. Out of 10 positions (in a list called "Best 10 pure-electric cars with a range of 300 miles or more to buy from 2021") Teslas are number 1, 2, 6 and 7. Remaining cars are not for sale yet. In other words, Teslas available today (upgraded versions of cars that have been available for 2-5 years) are better than cars that other manufacturers are still working on.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,443 Posts
I think they've redeemed themselves with this Best 10 pure-electric cars with a range of 300 miles or more to buy from 2021 not sure if that's the same one, but it is a driving section of The Sunday Times. Out of 10 positions (in a list called "Best 10 pure-electric cars with a range of 300 miles or more to buy from 2021") Teslas are number 1, 2, 6 and 7. Remaining cars are not for sale yet. In other words, Teslas available today (upgraded versions of cars that have been available for 2-5 years) are better than cars that other manufacturers are still working on.
The #1 entry, Tesla Model S "Plaid" is not on sale yet either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts