Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned the Ampera for four months and one of my niggles has been the lack of sunglasses storage which in all my previous cars has been overhead just above the rear view mirror.

I only discovered today that there is a storage space for sunglasses beneath the instrument cluster display just above the steering wheel. This isn't mentioned in the manual!

You learn something every day!!!!!

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Yep, it can double as that, but don't adjust the wheel right up while your sunglasses are there ;-)

Meanwhile if anyone can find a small cubby to put loose change for parking, that doesn't rattle around, that would be great...

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Mat, what mat? Good idea though, I think I've got some grippy stuff somewhere. The power adaptor for the phone for use as a sat nav lives in there at the moment :)

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,499 Posts
According to the handbook there is a rubber mat , like the other storage cubbies, tha needs to be removed to acces the emergency key slot. I have the part number somewhere in case my dealership does not come up with mine, only about £6 or £7.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Good point - maybe it's there and I've just never peeked in to have a look. Curious now! Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've owned the Ampera for four months and one of my niggles has been the lack of sunglasses storage which in all my previous cars has been overhead just above the rear view mirror.

I only discovered today that there is a storage space for sunglasses beneath the instrument cluster display just above the steering wheel. This isn't mentioned in the manual!

You learn something every day!!!!!
Well I've owned my Ampera for 8 months and thanks to your post only discovered today that the steering wheel is adjustable! Probably IS mentioned in the manual...:oops::rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I had some of that non-slip mat stuff, I laid it on top of the dash and rest my glasses on that.
As I am like the queen and don't carry cash, that solved the rattling problem ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts