Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have seen on some of the French dealers websites that the new e-UP in demo models have a sunroof. But there does not appear to be mention of that option in the configuration tools or VW sites I have checked.

Anyone seen this or could confirm one way or the other?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Why would you want to add extra Weight and Drag to a vehicle? The AC is a much more efficient option :) Also its one less thing to leak or break :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Had a pano sunroof on my ICE Up! for last 7 years, an Audi S3 and also our BMW i3 presently. I love a sunroof. Brightens up the interior++. Lest we forget we have had incredible summers last few years as well so has been well used. It also helps warm a car up without the need for pre-con on cool but bright mornings.

If you tilt open a sunroof, you get a nice gentle breeze into the car without the noise, much quieter in town and on motorway, than an open window- by your ear, and better for efficiency for an EV than using AC in my opinion which is so important for an EV especially over long distances. Even when fully open, sunroofs now have "spoilers/mesh vents" which cut down on wind noise nowadays. Still not the ideal for motorways though.Never had a leak or problem in the last 30 years of having sunroofs.
This may not have been the case with cars in the 70s and 80's I suspect.

So many EVs are available with sunroofs as standard (eg- e-Niro, Soul EV, Kona) in other world markets but not in the UK which is always annoying. I don't mind paying for one as an extra for example (as mentioned in the cars I own above).
If they come down the same production line, I don't always get why it is such a problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi everyone from Nice!

did not get alert in the first reply or I would have come back sooner. Yeah, guess this is why « options » are for trying to please different tastes.

I am’ probably not a typical EV owner. But maybe there should be more of me? I live inside a small city and never drive the car more than 45km. Either to the other side of Cannes or to San Remo in Italy. That means range has never been an issue for me. Any longer trips are done by plane or train.

I bought the eUP mainly because of parking! 6 years ago the city let EVs park and charge free for 2h. When I heard and confirmed it, I bought the car a week later. I can still charge at every shopping center free, and the car is always plugged in. Probably terrible for the battery. But I took the first one and this one with extended warranty knowing I would flip it in 36 months.

I am on the 2nd eUP and have not considered anything else. Ok a few times I looked at the Zoe, Tesla3 and eGolf, but living in France means you get your car kissed by other cars, scooters, and shopping carts. So I stick with the eUP because it is quality, but if it is scratched, I do not lose it sleeping. If it was a 60k Tesla.....
For

For where I live a sunroof would be great. Seems VW France is selling showroom DMO versions with them ok their site. They seem to have many. But only multi color and stock wheels. If that is different, no sunroof.
Because of the inventory and covid19 the government here is giving 8k€ rebates. Plus the dealer will be motivated as they are selling nothing. Time to shop for me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts