Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I finally got the opportunity to gather some hard data on the Supercharger performance. I charged at the Crystal, arriving with 16 'typical' miles in the tank.

I'm polling the API from a cloud server every 15 seconds and saving the results to CSV. You can see the results, with graph, in this Google doc! The graph is on the third tab...

It was really a model charging session - there was another Model S connected when I arrived, but it seemed to have finished charging and I got the full 90kW straight away. I'm hoping to repeat this and characterise the performance when two vehicles are charging. I was pretty sure I would get that data as two other Model S's arrived after me and appeared to be hanging around waiting to charge, but weirdly, after the other bay became free, they just left.

If there's interest I'd be happy to share the code for this, after I've tidied it up a bit.

·
Super Moderator
7,598 Posts
Interesting data! So it looks like it hovers around 20kw for about a minute, and then shoots up to 90kw until about 50% SOC. Is the crystal a 90kw charger?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
not sure what the power setup is at the Crystal but last time I visited it was still a temporary unit (the one they had at the launch) so may be more limited than a fully installed permanent unit

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does have a temporary feel to it. It's the steel pallet type, not fixed to the ground, and the cables running into it are fed through a conduit which rests on the ground. It does top out at 90kW or a smidgen more - maybe 95.

In other news, it looks like Canary Wharf is getting another two bays soon:

Light Floor Flooring Parking Road

1 - 5 of 5 Posts