Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just a thought - I've seen a Tesla to CCS adapter you can buy, so would having this mean a Model 3 could then just use any of the Supercharger stalls?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Just a thought - I've seen a Tesla to CCS adapter you can buy, so would having this mean a Model 3 could then just use any of the Supercharger stalls?
Wrong way round - it enables MS and MX that can't normally access CCS as they don't have the socket to be able to do so. You need a hardware mod in the car too (unless one of the cars built with the mod already done)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Wrong way round - it enables MS and MX that can't normally access CCS as they don't have the socket to be able to do so. You need a hardware mod in the car too (unless one of the cars built with the mod already done)
Not only that but it allows the S & X to use the CCS SuC leads which can only lead to a riot at this point :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Not quite.

The first car has priority on the charge and gets full power. The second one on the pair gets a lower charge until the first one tapers off.

In practice it doesn’t last very long so long as everyone is sensible.
I read slightly differently (can't remember where I read it though). I read that the second car will get at least 30kW (unless it doesn't need all of it), the rest of the available power will go to the first car. (obviously, this is for v2 superchargers)

·
Registered
876 Posts
I read slightly differently (can't remember where I read it though). I read that the second car will get at least 30kW (unless it doesn't need all of it), the rest of the available power will go to the first car. (obviously, this is for v2 superchargers)
There's been debate on whether a supercharger pair has 150 or 120kw of available power. When the cars were limited to 120kw, there was always 30kw free for the second car so the first could get as much as they neded if the pair had 150kw as the second car would only take the spare 30kw. Some believed the pair was 120kw and that resulted in the first car dropping to a max 90kw.

I suspect in practice different sites have different arrangements and it certainly seems to be the case that with no substantial reonfiguring some V2 sites are able to deliver over 120kw to a single car (I got 127kw at hopwood yesterday and I thought they went a fair bit higher on other cars).

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am a bit annoyed in a way...
Tesla states 24p per KW for supercharging.
Today I used 2 superchargers 1 in Canary Warf I was charged 25p per KW
And then 1 in Bluewater, Kent and I was charged 26p per KW
what on earth is happening here?

·
Registered
876 Posts
You're experiencing Teslas content management and website that often lags behind reality by some way. Tesla have different pricing at different locations and have done for a while. Whether its to reflect different location costs or to encourage people to use different chargers I've no idea.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You're experiencing Teslas content management and website that often lags behind reality by some way. Tesla have different pricing at different locations and have done for a while. Whether its to reflect different location costs or to encourage people to use different chargers I've no idea.
It is false advertisement though as their supercharger website clearly states 24p flatware period.

I'm sure reading and advertising standards wouldn't like that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts

It is also quite clear where it says GB 0.24p and there seems to have no means to get a cost per charger prior to visit?

·
Registered
11,010 Posts

It is also quite clear where it says GB 0.24p and there seems to have no means to get a cost per charger prior to visit?

Well you should read the whole section in its entirety.

Are you really concerned about a few pence one a charging session?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well you should read the whole section in its entirety.

Are you really concerned about a few pence one a charging session?
It is not the pence.

But it concerns me when an organisation is offering a service and the consumer cannot know how much they will pay until after they are billed.

The breakdown does not arrive until the invoice is generated.

·
Registered
876 Posts
You can see the price - select the supercharger ont he map and it tells you the number of stalls, the number free, the services available like shops and restaurants etc and the price

I do have sympathy that on the web site it has a paragraph all to its self that says 24p / kwh - any reasonable person who accept that as the price.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Classic Tesla owner behaviour. Spend thousands on a car and then worry about the pence paid on a Supercharger that is significantly lower than any other provider.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Classic Tesla owner behaviour. Spend thousands on a car and then worry about the pence paid on a Supercharger that is significantly lower than any other provider.
Not exactly true the ionity network charges £8 flat rate which comes cheaper than some households as well.

When someone is supercharging twice a day as the journeys sometimes might be 300miles...
It does some up to the month

When you move from a petrol diesel or hybrid car and you have an HP the monthly savings as they call them... Does include supercharger costs in there too.

Anyway some will get my point and some others might not get it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Disagree

Tesla are chronic at this and while it is only pence. why the hell can't they just be transparent. They're more slipepry than Ryan Air - you struggle to find the price of a car with all the "after savings" rubbish, and they can;t even get the price of supercharging correct on the web site.

They published CCS upgrade costs and then service centres started charging MX owners more because there was more effort to fit... people complained and eventually Tesla backed down

Tesla are now telling people looking for service pack refunds that the first service was £1000 and the subsequent two were only worth £500 combined despiute publishing a table in the past that said something completely different

I don't give a damn about 1p, I do give a damn that Tesla are so dodgy when it comes to money

·
Registered
181 Posts
Oh and to be legally correct Tesla should say at the price coming up after selecting GB.
From 0.24p
Not just 0.24p

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Pretty straightforward for me to understand both on the Supercharger and car pricing side.

Weird that.

I'd get claiming those 90p overcharges.

·
Registered
11,010 Posts
Oh and to be legally correct Tesla should say at the price coming up after selecting GB.
From 0.24p
Not just 0.24p

As I say, you have to read the whole page where it explains pricing. Not just cherry pick on line.

Did you miss the tier pricing as well?

·
Registered
181 Posts
As I say, you have to read the whole page where it explains pricing. Not just cherry pick on line.

Did you miss the tier pricing as well?
Out of curiosity which county you reside? It might be different consumer rights there to the UK.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts