Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a lowly PHEV owner I never charge at Motorway services. However with an eye to going on to a BEV next year I have started to take a direct interest in the main road charging infrastructure on a recent long journey.

It seems to be as ragged as people say but I was impressed with the relatively high number of Tesla Superchargers available.

Until I looked in Zapmap for the locations near home. All nine Superchargers at Hartshead Moor Services in the M 62 are shown as out of order for a year!!!

Shock horror!

I can't afford a Tesla anyway.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
All nine Superchargers at Hartshead Moor Services in the M 62 are shown as out of order for a year!!!
Not convinced there are any Superchargers at Hartshead Moor, technically speaking. There are what looks like some non-commissioned chargers showing up on Google StreetView there - and Tesla's map has a site at "Brighouse" due to open sometime this year.

So calling them "out of order" hardly seems fair - since it looks like they have never been commissioned!

Oh, and Nine is a very odd number for SC - since they usually come in pairs.

·
Registered
2018 Soul EV
2,555 Posts
If the superchargers were arranged in a circle it is likely some religious site for a local Elon cult worshipping group. :)

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
As a lowly PHEV owner I never charge at Motorway services. However with an eye to going on to a BEV next year I have started to take a direct interest in the main road charging infrastructure on a recent long journey.

It seems to be as ragged as people say but I was impressed with the relatively high number of Tesla Superchargers available.

Until I looked in Zapmap for the locations near home. All nine Superchargers at Hartshead Moor Services in the M 62 are shown as out of order for a year!!!

Shock horror!

I can't afford a Tesla anyway.
Better to consider them still under construction rather than broken. Presumably they are having trouble getting a 1MW grid connection to the site.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hartshead Moor is a bit of a debacle. 8 stalls each on both sides of the motorway, and they've been "under construction" for over 2 years.

The problem is to do with a wayleave for a power cable - the owners of a nearby golf course have apparently either changed their mind about allowing it or making huge demands for payment for it.

So those superchargers have never been open. Whether they ever will is another matter...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts