1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Which car park is that?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Well, at least it's not too far off the M25 ... although suspect that the average duration of stay in Bluewater is longer than time to recharge on a Supercharger ...

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish they'd stick a few 7KW posts in too for us EV'ers who live fairly close and would like a bit of destination parking while we shop.

·
http://ts.la/david3488
642 Posts
indeed that would make sense, I went to lakeside to pickup a new iPhone recently and the two bays were both dead, on a site that big is just rubbish :-(

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Super Moderator
5,905 Posts
Wonder how often they will be ICEd and if Tesla have specific stipulations in place for enforcement.
Anyone that ICE's one of those spaces would have to be blind, stupid or an ignorant twit (please swap i for an a if you think more appropriate)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Anyone that ICE's one of those spaces would have to be blind, stupid or an ignorant twit (please swap i for an a if you think more appropriate)
The Ecotricity ones are very well signposted and the ones at The Trafford Centre have bright green paint on the floor too. They are still regularly ICEd by people who need the i substituting for an a.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
The Ecotricity ones are very well signposted and the ones at The Trafford Centre have bright green paint on the floor too. They are still regularly ICEd by people who need the i substituting for an a.
I'm surprised that Ecotricity ones get ICEd, the IKEA ones locally I don't think I've seen ICEd more than once. Trollied sometimes though (by staff).

·
http://ts.la/david3488
642 Posts
On my recent trip to Devon in the Leaf, on 5 rapid stops 4 got iced, and two got moved on by myself. My final rapid of the day saw us move 4 people on.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've seen to Ecotricity ones at Chester Services ICEd many times, I think it's because they're right outside the doors. The ones at Charnock Richards not so much but the disabled bays closer to the door do.

·
Super Moderator
7,572 Posts
Spotted today... I've been asking BW for ages to install chargers and never had a positive response!

View attachment 2468
Well spotted!

For those worried about iceing, I'm sure that Tesla are putting up very clear signage and also being very clear to the site owner what their expectations are.

The point about the dwell time being longer than the charge time, perhaps there is a valet service?? :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
If they are putting them in shopping centres, then you can consider them destination charging. No one said all supercharges were for just completing your next hop on a long journey.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think a large increase in ev charging posts is planned for the new extension to Bluewater. Not sure how this is progressing but surely the Centre could afford a few 7kw posts in the mean time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts