Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously I had an A6 avant and on taking delivery of Etron I was convinced that it would have noticeably less capacity than the A6. Recent discoveries have changed my mind. Perhaps you are aware but it was a surprise to me to discover huge large storage spaces ‘hidden’ in the following locations.....

1.Behind each of the rear light clusters. Accessed by twisting the catch on the the covers inside the rear boot. Recently used to carry buckets&spades, collapsible umberelas and walking boots. (I don’t have the recesses with netting which I know some models have

2. under the floor of the boot I have no spare wheel and the space carried a ‘carry on’ hand luggage suitcase and 2x carrier bags on waterproofs, picnic blankets, kids scooter. There was capacity to replace boot floor in its original place

3. most recent ‘find’ was the space under the floor of the Frunk. It holds the air pump and puncture gloop but, in my car nothing else except for lots of polystyrene. I’m confident that with the floor removed completely it too would hold a small carry-on suitcase.

I’m expecting that most/all of you will tell me you were already aware of all these locations but thought I would post in case there was anyone else like me who wasn’t clued up ...... or perhaps there are other spaces/surprised that I’ve still To find?

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
815 Posts
I keep the cargo separator in the under boot storage, it's a convenient location, and I doubt the extra couple of kilos will affect my economy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was pleased to find the little toolkit and locking wheel nut under the carpet board in the bonnet compartment. I've decided to keep my type 2 charger and granny cable in the boot under the floor so the front is nice & free for small luggage. Also like the (not hidden) drop down cubby hole for sunglasses etc right-hand side of steering wheel. Was previously lazy and leaving shades in cup holder rattling around. Phone fits nicely with a short USB cable in slot next to cup holders as I didn't pay for extra phone box option.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve put cargo net in garage as I don’t expect it to get much use.

I had not found the drop down cubby hole next to steering wheel. Cheers

......... although I remember leaving an expensive pair on sunglasses in a returned lease car in exactly this type of cubby hole

1 - 4 of 4 Posts