Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to post this so I thought I'd put it here, just as a heads up for everyone.

Came across this Leaf listing whilst browsing on gumtree a 17 plate 30 KWh tekna for £7,250 https://www.gumtree.com/p/nissan/2017-nissan-leaf-tekna-30kw-5dr/1141261407 and thought looks too good to be true probably a scam and sure enough when I've checked autotrader the same car is listed with a Nissan dealer for £15,000 https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201910153338825?radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=hu1&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=price-asc&colour=Black&year-from=2017&model=LEAF&make=NISSAN&page=3

So I'm pretty sure that this car and the others that the seller is trying to sell for £1,000s below list price are all part of a con. I've reported it to gumtree not sure if they'll do anything but please feel free to report it too.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll take that back about gumtree, they have removed all those listings and suspended the account by the looks of it.

·
Premium Member
10,407 Posts
Link doesn't work and I can't find a cheap one, so maybe been removed? I have reported scam Ampera sales on ebay before and they get removed in a few hours normally.

·
Premium Member
10,407 Posts
I have reported two of the cars as fraudulent listings and hopefully they will take action - I have very good ebay standing.

They have probably hacked a genuine account and using it to try and get some deposits paid into their bank account over the weekend. If people do that then they are on their own - little protection.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for reporting them, I can't believe eBay have left them up after I showed them the autotrader adverts. It's obvious theyre scammers very disappointed in eBay hopefully they'll take them down now you've reported them as well.

Edit looks like it has worked and they've taken them off now.

·
Registered
283 Posts
There's a 65 plate BMW i3 listed at £7595 - gotta be the cheapest ever! 😃 Surely anyone who is researching EV's will know those adverts are way too cheap.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for reporting them, I can't believe eBay have left them up after I showed them the autotrader adverts. It's obvious theyre scammers very disappointed in eBay hopefully they'll take them down now you've reported them as well.

Edit looks like it has worked and they've taken them off now.
No, they're still there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, they're still there.
Won't open on the app on my phone for some reason but yeah I can see them on the PC, that's unbelievable!

Can't believe eBay are just waiting for someone to get scammed before they remove this, that's appalling customer service!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I had a search on the reg no for the Nissan Leaf and it turned up at Nissan in Preston for £15000. Reported it to the dealer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found it on autotrader yesterday I even gave eBay the link but they gave the impression that they will wait until someone reports it after trying to purchase it

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess that they would rather brush any impropriety under the carpet than to gain kudos by actively helping protect innocent parties from potential fraud. Maybe I'm being harsh towards all parties concerned but just taking down adverts (where applicable) isn't enough action as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Same car, same garage, same price still on ebay
When I first clicked the link in post #5 there was nothing listed. Now there are a load of vehicles on there, including a Leaf 30kWh at £7,250, an e-Golf at £7,850 and an i3 REX at £7,950.

If those prices are unreasonable, perhaps eBay is removing them and the owner is re-listing them. I can't make any sense of the feedback listings.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts