Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a vehicle to replace my current salary sacrifice, A Golf GTE, and The E Tron Technik looks like a hell of a lot of car for the price I am being quoted. £353 a month net, for 11k miles, services, tyres, insurance, breakdown cover.

Obviously its quite a big step change from a Golf, and I'm struggling to get a test drive anywhere, due to not being able to walk into a dealership at the moment, with the covid restrictions.

It no doubt has a higher spec than the Golf, but can anyone tell me if the Cruise control is adaptive, like in the Golf?

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
Seems like a very good price.

Edit: I tried the 55, just realised you’re talking about the new 50, which had passed me by.

I’m not sure whether they have adaptive cruise as standard, but the 55 I borrowed for a weekend had it so it must be an option if not.

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
Just tried to configure one, it’s very confusing!

From what I can tell, you need the ‘Tour Pack’ to get Adaptive Cruise, which is £1950 on the Technik trim level.

·
Live by the sword. Don't intend to die by it.
847 Posts
From what I can tell, you need the ‘Tour Pack’ to get Adaptive Cruise, which is £1950 on the Technik trim level.
Correct. Standard cruise control is not adaptive. Audi spec in general is a bit stingy. Technik has everything you would need at a basic level, but there's some safety kit in options packs that really ought to be standard.

I get my 50 Technik on Friday, so I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow Richard ... that price is what we got 4 months ago... most schemes have increased dramatically since then, have you configured and got the price rather than the click and bait figure

·
Premium Member
4,275 Posts
Ah, didn’t realise you were getting one, excellent.

Thank you, I’d be very interested to hear about it, my wife wants to go EV and wants an SUV, and just talking to her about it she’s quite excited.

·
Registered
Audi E-Tron - Launch Edition
39 Posts
Also to note, if you do test-drive one please don't believe what they put on the vehicle is standard, I got a test-drive of a 55 and it wasn't until I looked after that 50% of the 'bells and whistles' on the vehicle were optional extras (obviously a sales tactic).

As mentioned above, cruise control is only standard non-adaptive unfortunately. Same with the car parking, I think it's only front/back sensors with a rear camera I believe.

Good price though, got a quote on a Technik with metallic paint and same inclusions (breakdown, insurance, tax, tyres, servicing etc) and it was £330 for 8,000 miles which I thought was fairly decent.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow Richard ... that price is what we got 4 months ago... most schemes have increased dramatically since then, have you configured and got the price rather than the click and bait figure
Yeah, that’s the quote for my situation, the ‘click and bait’ 😂 as you put it was £259 for 6k if you’re in the 40% bracket.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Correct. Standard cruise control is not adaptive. Audi spec in general is a bit stingy. Technik has everything you would need at a basic level, but there's some safety kit in options packs that really ought to be standard.

I get my 50 Technik on Friday, so I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.
Just tried to configure one, it’s very confusing!

unfortunately the deal offered is a special, and you can’t spec any extras.
that’s a shame, cos it’s a feature I really find useful. Can I live without it, that’s the question.

·
847 Posts
I rarely used adaptive cruise except on really long journeys. I find I get annoyed when you're following someone who can't maintain a steady speed. Do you do lots of longer journeys?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, that’s the quote for my situation, the ‘click and bait’ 😂 as you put it was £259 for 6k if you’re in the 40% bracket.
I presume you’re on about NHS Fleet by any chance? As that seems to be the exact deal they’ve had for a little white, gets me every time that it draws people in saying £259 but there’s no disclaimer stating you have to be in the 40%.

Likewise colleagues purchased the Technik “offer” because they buy the vehicles in bulk, shame you can’t modify them. They generally haven’t complained though about their purchases. Though you can get the windows tinted afterwards and they don’t mind, only problem would be the desire for adapted cruise control.

·
Registered
201 Posts
As others have said Cruise Control on all specs other than Launch Edition is a £2k option to make it adaptive. I questioned this with my supplying dealer and found it a bit tight that a car with a P11D twice that of my GTE doesn't have ACC. Maybe a dig around on OBD11 to see if its an option somewhere buried! The prices some are quoting for E-Tron's makes me wonder if I should cancel and reorder - what I've ordered is an S-Line, with Met Paint and Roof Rails (and I could select the Grey interior) and the cost to me on a Salary Sacrifice is just over £500 a month. That is full maintained and insured for me, my partner and my dad. The supplying dealer is allowing me a test drive this weekend (Oldham Audi) but I suspect it'll be a Launch Edition 55 so not necessarily comparable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As others have said Cruise Control on all specs other than Launch Edition is a £2k option to make it adaptive. I questioned this with my supplying dealer and found it a bit tight that a car with a P11D twice that of my GTE doesn't have ACC. Maybe a dig around on OBD11 to see if its an option somewhere buried! The prices some are quoting for E-Tron's makes me wonder if I should cancel and reorder - what I've ordered is an S-Line, with Met Paint and Roof Rails (and I could select the Grey interior) and the cost to me on a Salary Sacrifice is just over £500 a month. That is full maintained and insured for me, my partner and my dad. The supplying dealer is allowing me a test drive this weekend (Oldham Audi) but I suspect it'll be a Launch Edition 55 so not necessarily comparable.
I think I remember the hardware for adaptive and normal being different, though it was reliant on front radar sensors which are now on most vehicles, so possibly a code change. Though they definitely have different controller stalks as the ACC one allows distance control etc.

I found the price difference quoted for an S Line and Launch Ed was £20 so just went for the latter as it had most additional extras as standard. Why the pricing of some extras is so high is beyond me, considering most vehicles have the same hardware. They do seem to be keen on pushing the Audi on-demand features that can be unlocked via an app.

Good luck with the test drive!

·
847 Posts
At the very least the cruise control stalk is different between adaptive and standard. One has the distance adjuster and the other doesn't.

Audi have recently rationalised their options list and removed a few or bundled them into packages. Some options in future will be able to be activated by the "function on demand" system, although when that will launch is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
2020 - Audi Etron 50 Sport on order
33 Posts
I'm assuming that's the net figure? The OP seems to have got a good deal as it's a 'from stock' order. From what I have seen most made to order prices have increased, significantly, since March when the EV subsidy was removed from cars costing more than £50K. That makes it harder to get a deal now, as they are passing on the non-subsidy cost of the previous £3.5K grant to consumers.

·
Registered
52 Posts
“£ 259 if you’re in the 40% bracket.“. £353 for basic rate ... ( so that’s £431 gross)

if that’s what the nhs deal is, that is amazing ... today’s price On my employer/ tusker site oGross is £800 - £1030 pm for base model lowest mileage/ different terms.

when I ordered mine 24m was the cheapest

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
“£ 259 if you’re in the 40% bracket.“. £353 for basic rate ... ( so that’s £431 gross)

if that’s what the nhs deal is, that is amazing ... today’s price On my employer/ tusker site oGross is £800 - £1030 pm for base model lowest mileage/ different terms.

when I ordered mine 24m was the cheapest

Yeah, there is no doubt it is a steal of a deal, for what you are getting.
I'm just trying to work out if it is the right vehicle for me.

What I really want is a VW ID3, but as they aren't available yet its not an option, and my current motor goes back in November, so i'm kind of stuck in no mans land.
There seems to be a void in between low spec small electric vehicles and the likes of the E tron.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I presume you’re on about NHS Fleet by any chance? As that seems to be the exact deal they’ve had for a little white, gets me every time that it draws people in saying £259 but there’s no disclaimer stating you have to be in the 40%.

Likewise colleagues purchased the Technik “offer” because they buy the vehicles in bulk, shame you can’t modify them. They generally haven’t complained though about their purchases. Though you can get the windows tinted afterwards and they don’t mind, only problem would be the desire for adapted cruise control.

Are you on the NHS scheme, and where abouts in the country are you?
Could you tell me which dealer the vehicles get supplied through?
My VWs have always been supplied via Pulman VW (Durham) even though i'm in Yorkshire.
Just wondered if it was the same with Audis, or somewhere more local to the leaser?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm assuming that's the net figure? The OP seems to have got a good deal as it's a 'from stock' order. From what I have seen most made to order prices have increased, significantly, since March when the EV subsidy was removed from cars costing more than £50K. That makes it harder to get a deal now, as they are passing on the non-subsidy cost of the previous £3.5K grant to consumers.
Yes that's net. The Gross is something ridiculous near £900, but with zero BIK the tax and NI benefit (plus some residual SLC repayments) brings it right down.

I did the maths on all the cars I was looking at. Ultimately the biggest contributor to the monthly cost is the value they put on the car at the end of the lease. The car i've ordered has a P11D of £67,820. For sake of a comparison the net monthly cost for a E-Tron 50 Technik was £480, Tesla Model 3 was £510, M3 Performance was £585, I-Pace HSE was £725. My company uses Zenith for the leases.

Launch Edition on the E-Tron 50 added about £50 per month net but I don't want the virtual mirrors. Looks like the car I'm borrowing this weekend has them so will be interesting to see what they're like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are you on the NHS scheme, and where abouts in the country are you?
Could you tell me which dealer the vehicles get supplied through?
My VWs have always been supplied via Pulman VW (Durham) even though i'm in Yorkshire.
Just wondered if it was the same with Audis, or somewhere more local to the leaser?
I am indeed, though I’m based in Newcastle. Based on colleagues vehicles and those seen on Instagram using the “etron” tag the vehicles they’ve ordered have been through Wearside, that’s likely the dealer it’ll be for future orders. The vast majority of the stock vehicles appear to be through local North East dealers unless your vehicle is bespoke/custom then it may end up from elsewhere.

As the scheme is ran from the North East they seem to have close ties with most of the dealers around here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts