Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Passat GTE is a lovable car and the technology is everything I wanted but at 73 I now need a car that is easier to get my creaky old body into.

I've decided that the Kia e-Niro is for me and placed an order. There is no delivery date as yet but the money seems to be on April so that is when my Passat GTE has to go. It will be 24 months old by then and have 18k on the clock. Anyone know what it will fetch?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Judging by the examples on auto trader you're probably looking at around 22-24 grand, though most of them are from dealers. I'd suggest checking webuyanycar and see what they offer so you'll have an idea of the minimum price you'll be able to get

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm waiting until the dealers know the e-Niro is being loaded onto the ship before I sell my Leaf.
Are you first in line at the dealership you ordered from?
Yes.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Should be a very good chance of April then. I'm hoping for early April as well, but haven't done anything about selling the Leaf yet.

I think I'll post it on here first so lots of people can make comments about the price, condition, how is not safe to own an EV out of warranty etc. Maybe it will be easier to list it on Autotrader.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Judging by the examples on auto trader you're probably looking at around 22-24 grand, though most of them are from dealers. I'd suggest checking webuyanycar and see what they offer so you'll have an idea of the minimum price you'll be able to get
WBAC were bettered by Evans Halshaw when I offloaded my last one for cash. Maybe worth playing a few of them off to get the price up if you go that way. And the nearest EH branch was nearer to me. Do VW buy cars back, worth a try?

·
EV: VW Passat GTE Estate
30 Posts
Several mentions of Tootle on this forum as a means of selling privately. Looks like a good system so I have bookmarked for when I come to sell mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Passat GTE is a lovable car and the technology is everything I wanted but at 73 I now need a car that is easier to get my creaky old body into.
Feel exactly the same, getting out is becoming a problem lol. Also ordered an e-niro the other week however mine is not due till next year. According to the dealer mine will be in third phase and will have more features than first edition and I expect a higher cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts