Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used any of the Swarco 7KW chargers, paying by contactless?

We have them installed at work, and I have a direct debit which comes out monthly. But recently I've used my contactless card and with 7 days gone by doesn't seem I've been charged?

Anyone have any experience with them? Did you have a pre authorization? Or a delayed charge?

Lewis

·
Registered
268 Posts
There are some new Swarco rapids dotted around the West country. I've used the one at Ilchester. £29 pre authorization but just charged about £2 for charge. Free car park. Excellent.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
228 Posts
I have tried 2 Swarco CCS chargers and in both cases the connector wouldn't release from it's holster!
On both occasions I rang the helpline, which on the face of it seem very competent, but they couldn't resolve my problem.
This annoying as one is very close to me in Penzance. :confused:

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,861 Posts
I have tried 2 Swarco CCS chargers and in both cases the connector wouldn't release from it's holster!
On both occasions I rang the helpline, which on the face of it seem very competent, but they couldn't resolve my problem.
This annoying as one is very close to me in Penzance. :confused:
I've had a similar problem with Osprey chargers. You have to almost swing on the plug to pull it out of the holder. First one I pulled up to I drove away to another network. It was only after pulling up to another one later in the journey and the same happened that I decided to get 'tough' with it.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
228 Posts
I've had a similar problem with Osprey chargers. You have to almost swing on the plug to pull it out of the holder. First one I pulled up to I drove away to another network. It was only after pulling up to another one later in the journey and the same happened that I decided to get 'tough' with it.
I was afraid to pull too hard in case I damaged it. When the chap on the helpline said they had experienced the same problem with the charger before, I decided to walk away!

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,861 Posts
I was afraid to pull too hard in case I damaged it. When the chap on the helpline said they had experienced the same problem with the charger before, I decided to walk away!
Yeah, I didn't want to break it. It was where we had decided to eat that night (on holiday near Burnham on Sea) and needed a charge to get back to the caravan. So it was do or die sort of situation.

Reactions: Chris Paulin
1 - 7 of 7 Posts