Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking at this swarco network directly on their site, and they seem to have on offer a number of chargers not appearing on zapmap or plugshare.

Who knows anything about these folks?

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,157 Posts
Swarco ( eVolt ) supplys Engenie with Rapid chargers ( And i think you may be able to use a Swarco RFID card on the Marstons rapid ? )
at one point both Maps for Swarco and Marstons showed on each others map sites, but not now.

SWARCO eVolt, the award-winning Electric Vehicle (EV) charging business, has announced the first order from electric vehicle (EV) charging network Engenie for 150kW ultra-rapid charging points intended for their expanding UK network. The order was placed and confirmed at the Cenex Low Carbon Vehicle (LCV) Event in September.
This new order follows the supply partnership deal signed last year between the two parties for 500 of SWARCO eVolt’s Raption 50kW units. Since then, Engenie has secured additional investment and now plans to broaden its charging network further, aiming for 2,000 rapid charging points across the UK by 2024. This will double the total number of rapid charge points currently in the UK.
Ian Johnston, CEO of Engenie, says the £35million of investment will fund the deployment of over 2,000 rapid and ultra-rapid charging points across the UK: “The first 100 are already being installed at Marston’s pubs, M7 retail parks and into Cardiff City centre over the course of this year,” he explains, “and the new 150kW charging points will help us build our network of reliable and user-friendly technology to support drivers across the UK.”
Justin Meyer, General Manager of SWARCO eVolt says that the partnership with Engenie continues to make a real difference to the accessibility of charging for drivers on UK roads. “They are an inspiring business to work with, backed by a passionate team determined to make a difference,” he adds.
The 150kW Raption charger has a power cabinet and a separate slimline kiosk with either one or two DC connectors that can simultaneously charge two vehicles. The separate power cabinet can be installed away from the kiosk to make best use of the designated charging area. SWARCO eVolt is responding to increasing interest from network, fleet and transport operators who are looking to include ultra-rapid units to meet the needs of new generation EVs (cars, commercial vehicles, eTrucks and eBuses). The Raption 150kW is slim yet robust, and ideal for any type of site, whether it’s a public access environment or a private one where vehicles need an ultra-rapid charge to continue their journey.
The Raption 150kW has contactless payment functionality (both bank card and RFID) and also incorporates an 8” LED touchscreen that can be used for additional revenue generation through targeted advertising.

What is Swarco E.Connect
Swarco E.Connect is an Electric Vehicle (EV) recharging network in the UK, Germany and Austria. It is part of the Swarco Group, who also own eVolt, a supplier of EV Charge Points.

How Much Does It Cost To Join?
Joining the network is free. There are no monthly or yearly subscriptions at all, however may be required to pay for your Charging at certain Charge Points.

Do I Need an RFID Card?
The majority of access to EV recharging networks takes place with an RFID Card and we always suggest you have one, at present there is no cost to obtain one from us. Once you complete your registration, one will be placed in the post for you by the team.

Do You Have An App?
The SWARCO E.Connect app is available in Google and Apple stores for download now

How Do I Pay for Charging?
When you register an account, you are asked to lodge a Direct Debit mandate with us; this is how you will be billed. When you use a Charging Point with a tariff in place the value of the session is added to your account and on the last day of each month you will be emailed an invoice showing your balance. Your payment will then be automatically deducted from your account without need for action from you.

How Much Does it Cost to Charge?
The cost for each Charge Point is determined by the Charge Point owner, in some cases this is Swarco E.Connect, in some cases it is not. In all cases, the cost of the Charge Point will be prominently displayed on the front of the Charge Point as well as on the website and within the app once it has launched.

·
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks for the info, although it doesn't help me personally.

At the moment, swarco map is showing mostly 22kW posts, which is what I am looking for. Are they going to carry on with those, or have they jumped off 22kW for something else?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
There was a Zoe owner from this forum that used there Rapid in Great Yarmouth
using a RFID card a lot but has since sold his car.
I sent for the swarco card but have yet to use it
Have a look at there twitter site :SWARCO E.Connect UK
there still installing both on a lot of sites
last one was on 16th march ( Rapid & a 22kw post )
Market Car Park (Coming Soon)
The Market ,
Hockley Road , Rayleigh , SS6 8EB , UK

·
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was a Zoe owner from this forum that used there Rapid in Great Yarmouth
using a RFID card a lot but has since sold his car.
I sent for the swarco card but have yet to use it
Sounds like a good plan not to use it if it encourages one to sell one's car!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The owner ( Ryanteck ) had a lot of problems after buying it second hand &
he later sold on here about 7 months ago :

The contract has been awarded to BP Chargemaster to carry out work in the north of the country and Swarco UK Ltd in the south.

·
28,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The owner ( Ryanteck ) had a lot of problems after buying it second hand

The contract has been awarded to BP Chargemaster to carry out work in the north of the country and Swarco UK Ltd in the south.
Oh, well, that is interesting.

I guess I can sign up then, rest assured. Being Gov funded they'll have to listen to me insisting on 22kW charge points! They won't have the luxury of picking and choosing the most popular options!

·
Registered
526 Posts
The owner ( Ryanteck ) had a lot of problems after buying it second hand &
he later sold on here about 7 months ago :

That car was my first Zoe!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts