Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the bulk of the plastic which surrounds the rear view mirror, and the shaded area on the windscreen glass, I'm really struggling to place my dash cam so that it gets a good view of the road, and is within the legally allowed zone on the windscreen.

I'm interested to know where others have placed theirs.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the "legally allowed zone on the windscreen"?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,799 Posts
Or just fit a discreet dashcam (something like BlackVue) without the hideous and pointless screen.
These fit neatly behind the mirror so you cannot see them whilst driving.
The problem is it still won’t be able to see through the extensive shaded area that surrounds the rear view mirror.

Mine is fitted to the left of the shaded area, near the top of the windscreen, and because it also has a ‘through the car’ rear facing camera, it’s also positioned just enough to the right so that the camera can still see backwards if the sun visor is down.

The mount is the grey thing circled in green in the pic below if it helps.

·
Registered
721 Posts
The problem is it still won’t be able to see through the extensive shaded area that surrounds the rear view mirror.

Mine is fitted to the left of the shaded area, near the top of the windscreen, and because it also has a ‘through the car’ rear facing camera, it’s also positioned just enough to the right so that the camera can still see backwards if the sun visor is down.

The mount is the grey thing circled in green in the pic below if it helps.

View attachment 141256
Yes, I find I can mount my Nextbase in the same sort of position without obstructing MY view of the road, in fact I cannot see the camera at all if mounted correctly......i3 BTW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.