Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving in Ireland recently and I wanted to switch from miles to KM in my 2020 Renault Zoe. The instructions in the manual said to do this in Settings by switching “Units” from Miles to Kilometres. I did this, and the speed display has changed, as has the distance measurement on the SAT NAV, but the range and Odometer are still in MILES.

Is it possible to change these to KM too? I know in the old Zoe it was possible to do this by pressing the down button on the end of the right hand stalk while simultaneously pressing the Start button. The trouble is, the new Zoe doesn’t HAVE these buttons on the right hand stalk, and the only “down” buttons I can find are the down button on the volume control stalk, and the down button on the steering wheel controls, but neither of these work and the manual doesn’t say anything else about how to do it!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
431 Posts
i dont know if you can do the odometer and trip meter on the fly like that , - the only way I know is by DDT4all and a OBD2 adaptor in the cluster TDB settings

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it is for the brave.
Yes I see what you mean about "the brave"!

That's disappointing. I wonder why Renault changed it on the 2020 Zoe so changing the units doesn't change range gauge or Odometer....

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,883 Posts
I wonder why Renault changed it on the 2020 Zoe so changing the units doesn't change range gauge or Odometer....
Maybe because they only needed to be able to change the speedo to be legal.

There is something interesting in the software, because if you change the language in the infotainment, the language in the binnacle and the warnings remains in the original one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe because they only needed to be able to change the speedo to be legal.

There is something interesting in the software, because if you change the language in the infotainment, the language in the binnacle and the warnings remains in the original one.
It's not very convenient though! Hardly enough to put me off the 2020 Zoe (it's still a fantastic car in my opinion), but still inconvenient.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, well, I emailed Renault UK, and they said that it IS only possible to change the speed readout and the SAT nav distance units. Which is a shame but it looks like I'll have to just live with it any time I'm driving in Ireland!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts