Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My supply switched on Friday and initially the IHD showed only usage and no pricing information. However this morning the pricing has started to show correctly but no data seems to be going through to Octopus.
Does anyone know roughly how long this takes normally? I know they've said to allow up to two weeks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
From other threads it seems to be quite variable.

It took 3 days for them to get my meter data through and I got the email that I could switch to Octopus Go.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Also there are some great apps available to look at your data... OctopusWatch, OctoWatchdog, OctopusCompare some are iOS/Android, some Android only.
Also join the octopus forum if you are a techie/geek biased... Octopus Smart Energy forum and get an invite from Phil
Check out Guy Lipman tools which are brilliant, who is also on FB Agile forum.
Enjoy Octopus Go, agile etc.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
When I switched it took almost the full two weeks before I could see the half hourly data in my Octopus account.
It seems to be multi-stage process. I had my Smartmeters from OVO and they worked fine, went to bulb and they became dumb.

Sometime about November the display lit up with my Bulb Tariff and I thought all was well, but only the gas meter data is coming through, with no data from the leccy meter (now, doesn't all the data go through the leccy meter anyway?). The registers on the leccy meter have been reversed in the adoption, so there'll need to be a bit of work done to sort the bill out when the data hits home.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Took mine about two weeks to fully show Octopus and the right price. But then switched overnight when I activated Octopus Go

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts