Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our usage pattern is changing for a few months so want to change from Octopus Agile to Go Faster.

Pretty sure I saw an email address posted here a while ago that got a rather more efficient response than general email. Trying to call them at the mo is a time waster.

Any got any better ways through?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan leaf
149 Posts
Note the prices have gone up this week, for people switching to it and for once your 'year' ends.

The off-peak prices have not changed.

View attachment 144593
I tried changing from Agile to go faster a few days ago and when I asked what the price per kwh was I was told it was 13.45kwh. I haven't been moved to go faster yet so I'm hoping when I do it will still be 13.45

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
2,279 Posts
I tried changing from Agile to go faster a few days ago and when I asked what the price per kwh was I was told it was 13.45kwh. I haven't been moved to go faster yet so I'm hoping when I do it will still be 13.45
Fingers crossed, but the old tariffs show as available to 2021-05-13.

·
Registered
542 Posts
If that was the start of your switch process, they ought to honour the price they offered you. If you did not accept the offer at that point then they can rightly say that offer is no longer available and there is a new offer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Is there a contact phone number. My brother emailed them in May and wanted to change to Go from Agile but they put him on a 24M fixed tariff. I have emailed the, as I referred him to them but not heard back and wondering if there is a phone contact number.

·
Registered
127 Posts

But they usually respond to email pretty quickly - at the moment their site says "We're taking 1 day, 0 hours, 8 minutes on average to reply to your emails at the moment. That's longer than we'd like, so if your query isn't super urgent, it may be better to try later. In case you're wondering, we measure response times during business hours "

·
Registered
132 Posts

But they usually respond to email pretty quickly - at the moment their site says "We're taking 1 day, 0 hours, 8 minutes on average to reply to your emails at the moment. That's longer than we'd like, so if your query isn't super urgent, it may be better to try later. In case you're wondering, we measure response times during business hours "
Thanks, I’ll give them a call. It’s been a couple of days now.

·
jim5452
451 Posts
Apparently he did email them but was switched to this 24M tariff.
If he's already with them and has a working smart meter, he can switch online himself.
Octopus Energy<<<<<<

The fact the he is on 24 month tariff does not mean that he cannot go onto the web site through his account an change to GO but not GO FASTER as that requires an invite, there is no exit fee, I was put on a fixed TARIFF when I joined, and soon switched to GO. The 30 day block is only for AGILE and GO FASTER which require you to email.
He should just take phproxy advice and GO for it, The only way that it will not work is if he is still on an old dumb meter

·
Registered
132 Posts
If he's already with them and has a working smart meter, he can switch online himself.
Octopus Energy<<<<<<

The fact the he is on 24 month tariff does not mean that he cannot go onto the web site through his account an change to GO but not GO FASTER as that requires an invite, there is no exit fee, I was put on a fixed TARIFF when I joined, and soon switched to GO. The 30 day block is only for AGILE and GO FASTER which require you to email.
He should just take phproxy advice and GO for it, The only way that it will not work is if he is still on an old dumb meter
I get it, he switched last year in August and got the smart meter installed 2 months later When he was put on Agile. I gave him the email to switch to Go but as mentioned Octopus changed his account to the 24M tariff at the start of May and not GO. Anyway, I will call them and see what happened.

·
jim5452
451 Posts
I get it, he switched last year in August and got the smart meter installed 2 months later When he was put on Agile. I gave him the email to switch to Go but as mentioned Octopus changed his account to the 24M tariff at the start of May and not GO. Anyway, I will call them and see what happened.
Just go into the account and sign up to GO, dont bother with phone or email

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.