Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This popped into my inbox this morning. Not the cheapest at £500, but it is small......
:unsure:Not sure about advertising on this forum though...I don't have any interest other than what others think of it.

SyncEV Electric Car Chargers
Tony.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
LOL. Arrived in mine too - beat me to it.

It looks to me like it could be a rebadged EO unit. Someone familiar with them may be able to confirm or deny that.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL. Arrived in mine too - beat me to it.

It looks to me like it could be a rebadged EO unit. Someone familiar with them may be able to confirm or deny that.
I thought it looks remarkably similar to the EO unit too. The size and screw placements give it away.
Tony.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,907 Posts
It is subtly different from the EO unless EO have redesigned the rear housing, lights and socket. But sizewise it is virtually identical (+/- 5mm).

It apparently has support for an RFID card (which EO doesn't) as well as an App (which is suspiciously like the EO one).

Sync Ev

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
So perhaps built for TLC by EO with licence for use of their app and backend services.

Or TLC have bought a knock-off copy :)

(I doubt the latter actually. I've always found TLC stuff good ... In fact when faced with a barrage of 'unknown' electrical products on Amazon, with reviews of doubtful reliability, I sometimes go and buy from TLC instead.)

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,907 Posts
So perhaps built for TLC Sync EV by EO with licence for use of their app and backend services.
FTFY. Sync EV appear to be entirely independent of TLC and just marketing their products through it. They also offer a fitting service.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
FTFY. Sync EV appear to be entirely independent of TLC and just marketing their products through it. They also offer a fitting service.
Yes, sorry. That does make more sense.
The email headlined "New & Exclusive to TLC" which 6 hours later my brain had slightly re-interpreted as being their own product.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts