Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm off on holiday tomorrow so just checking a few things this morning. I left the tailgate open whilst I was checking tyre pressures and there was quite a loud 'crack' sound from the tailgate. I thought maybe a strut had failed, but they seem ok. However when I lower the tailgate there's a rattle inside like a loose screw and when I fully close it there's a much louder than normal clunk presumably from the locking mechanism. Fortunately the tailgate opens and closes ok so I guess it will have to wait until I get home.

Edit. Just found out it doesn't lock anymore! But at least the alarm goes off when it's opened!

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,044 Posts
Very weird.

There is no lock to speak of, it is just a push-button that either releases the tailgate, or doesn't if it is electronically stopped from opening the boot (i.e. if the car is 'locked'). So there is nothing 'physical' that could break which would allow the car to open when unlocked but 'not work' when it is locked.

I would be inclined to disconnect the battery as a means to do a full reboot of the car, then try again. The rattle might be something unrelated, but the lock falsely activating might have confused the sensor that let's the car know what state the boot catch is in.

Just a thought... like I say very weird and struggling with this one.

PS If you need to make sure the boot is secure, you might be able to disable the tailgate latch by removing a fuse. Might stop other functions too, but it could be useful if securing the car is a 'must do'.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts