Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
When I lock car the tailgate is still open, I have to walk away put key down, return to car
close tailgate and then it is locked. Any ideas anybody? Thank you.

Registered
The joys of keyless entry! 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

As long as you have the key in your pocket you can open the doors.

John.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
The doors lock ok, it's the tailgate which will not lock, unless I put key away from car.

Registered
Yes it's designed like that. When you shut the tailgate is locked if the doors are locked. It is because the key is proximity of the tailgate it thinks you are going there to put something in or take something out.

Registered
It's caught me out a couple of times thinking I forgot to kick the car.

But if you lock the car then open and shut the boot you'll see the indicators flash showing its locked.

Sent using Tapatalk (I'm on my phone so sorry for any auto correct screwups)

Registered
Yes, if you have the key in your pocket, you can open the tailgate independently of the doors. When you close it, it locks automatically.

Registered
I find that being able to open the boot separately to the rest of the car a really useful feature when needing to get tools in and out.

However..... anyone tried to use the UVO app to unlock the car? If I lock the car with the key or on the door then it will not unlock through the app (UVO [Fail] Remote door unlock failed. Please check your vehicle status). If I lock using the app then it will unlock OK.
The request gets to the car since it flashes the lights to say it has received something but the doors are not released. I did wonder if there was a setting somewhere to control the working of this feature but can't find anything.

Registered
They might have disabled the app unlock feature if they discovered a possible hacking security risk?
Either that or it鈥檚 a bug. I think it鈥檚 a feature I could happily live without anyway.

Peter

Registered
Locking the doors. With the key or door button activates a deadlock and the app can't open the car. Locking with app does not activate the deadlock
Be wary about opening the tailgate and putting the key down inside the boot. If you shut the tailgate with the key still on the boot you will need the second set of keys to unlock the car. Saw this on a Hyundai thread.

Registered
Be wary about opening the tailgate and putting the key down inside the boot. If you shut the tailgate with the key still on the boot you will need the second set of keys to unlock the car. Saw this on a Hyundai thread.
Previous car it took most of the workshop staff to work that out.

Car was in for a service I gave them the spare keys and said to just park the car outside the gates and lock the keys in it as I wouldn't be able to get back before they shut.

Sent using Tapatalk (I'm on my phone so sorry for any auto correct screwups)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts