Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was planning to order a new one and wait and then by luck stumbled across an ex demo white exclusive for sale on autotrader saving me around £3000 after a bit more haggling. Really wanted a black one but white was always my second choice.

Here i go into the world of ev....

·
Zoe Devotee
9,259 Posts
Was planning to order a new one and wait and then by luck stumbled across an ex demo white exclusive for sale on autotrader saving me around £3000 after a bit more haggling. Really wanted a black one but white was always my second choice.

Here i go into the world of ev....
Can we be so nosey as to enquire how much you paid roughly?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,259 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
£22000 which i thought was a good price.
Firstly, welcome and enjoy your car !.
The first wave of 2,000 customers paid £23,495 for an standard Exclusive model if I remember correctly.
If you where one of the first 1,000 customers and did not require a wall box, you could expect another £250 discount from the price.
This was always going to be the cheapest deal you could get for an Exclusive model.
Therefore you have saved some money on the deal !.
Welcome to the steep learning curve of EV driving !.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
The first wave of 2,000 customers paid £23,495 for an standard Exclusive model if I remember correctly.
If you where one of the first 1,000 customers and did not require a wall box, you could expect another £250 discount from the price.
This was always going to be the cheapest deal you could get for an Exclusive model.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Did your car come with any nice bits, like a Type 2 cable and interior protection pack etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry - It looks like the site is multiple posting AGAIN !.
It did that to me earlier when i posted this original thread...

I was aware of the original offer and kicked myself for not finding out about it until it was too late. So quite pleased i have found this one. I've saved roughly £1 for every mile its done... Must be one of the first ex demo's to become available.?

The fact its not entirely brand new does not bother me, its probably been polished and cleaned to within an inch of its life so many times now, so at least i wont have to do it for a few years....?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Despite the number of these cars being sold it wasn't until Sunday that I saw another on the road in over a month of driving!

·
Zoe Devotee
9,259 Posts
@noworriesuk what reg is the car on? a 69 plate or a 19 plate? I was understood the 19 plates were pre-prods, and significantly more rapid 0-60 than the 69 plates.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@noworriesuk what reg is the car on? a 69 plate or a 19 plate? I was understood the 19 plates were pre-prods, and significantly more rapid 0-60 than the 69 plates.
Its a 69 plate. End of September, so about 5 months old.

I test drove one this morning and it felt pretty good to me. At least as good as my 200hp audi diesel, until about 70mph anyway. And after that, its not an issue for me...

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,369 Posts
Despite the number of these cars being sold it wasn't until Sunday that I saw another on the road in over a month of driving!
I asked my dealer what was the proportion of EZS against ICE take overs he had had over this weekend and he replied about 50% EV and 50% ICE!

Reactions: Sandy and Carty

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,369 Posts
I asked my dealer what was the proportion of EZS against ICE take overs he had had over this weekend and he replied about 50% EV and 50% ICE!

·
Zoe Devotee
9,259 Posts
Impressive. I had never seen a ZS until I was on holiday in Windemere last year and that was after putting down my £500 Deposit. It was a silver ICE. I've seen 1 silver ICE near where I live, once! But as I understand it there are several ZS EV owners now in my region, one lives about 15miles from me. (y) So I expect to see more ZS EVs in Fife than ICE models.

When I was in Frasers for my test drive my partner took a seat in a 1.5 limited edition ZS and liked it, she was pretty close to asking for a test drive but the car is too big for her (in her words).

Reactions: Neilew
1 - 20 of 20 Posts