Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Newbie here seeking advice on sourcing an e208 GT (black) via PCP. I'm after the benefit of others' wisdom on current best deals and offers.

Currently, I've found an offer for PCP based on 48 months and 8000 miles/year. I've received a quote via carwow for OTR price £27,520.00 and final purchase payment £13,360. It seems like a reasonable offer, but has anyone found a better deal recently? Also, I'm wondering if it's better to wait until end of the month in case there are likely to be improved discounts available.

It's been a long time since I bought a new car (2008), so any helpful advice would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
What’s important to you?

I’d only be interested in monthly payments

I paid £6000 deposit and pay £290 per month for a GT Lline (i think GT spec was about £10/month more but they had none available for 6 months when I bought this time last year)

what is driving you to the GT

I would not recommend the black

if you get the black, you will miss out on all the amazing design aspects that make the car stunning

1.Contrasting wheel arches
2. Contrasting roof
3. Wrap around rear lighting bar
4. And soooo many more bits

just my opinion

·
Registered
539 Posts
Agree with not getting going for black , although colour choice is always subjective and a personal choice. The e-208 just looks like an amorphous black blob in my opinion. Looks much better in any of the other available colours.
sorry for not being more helpful about offers and PCP. I wouldn’t know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, all. TBH, the car would be for my wife and she prefers black. Personally, I prefer the yellow or blue and I get your comments about the contrasting black trims etc . I will try harder to dissuade her, but I don't want grief for the next 4 years....

Reason for choosing the GT spec - well, at first it was the allure premium, but the GT had so much more for neglible extra per month due to higher resale value.

I had originally considered a lease, but there wasn't really enough difference to sway me from PCP. My own view is that it's not uncommon with a PCP for the dealer to extend with a newer model at or near the end of the term without having to shell out on a 2nd deposit, or the balloon payment may be significantly less than the car is worth - so would make sense to pay it and make a few quid. Neither is guaranteed of course.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Black shows the dirt the worst and the dents and scratches the worst

women and black cars confuse me

my missus had a black Zafira for ages now every time I show her an suv she says it looks like a taxi haha

the elixir red is a good looking colour and women seem to like red as well as black :)

I see GTLine Is now GT and GT in now GT premium?

JJ

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, after a lot of deliberation, the decision was to go with Vertigo Blue instead of black. With the change in p.i.c.g. I'll have to see how pricing goes next month (I prefer to sell the old car privately rather than suffer px, which won't really be possible until after 13th April).

It may be that we have to stick with the 11 year old diesel for a while longer yet....

·
Registered
539 Posts
So, after a lot of deliberation, the decision was to go with Vertigo Blue instead of black. With the change in p.i.c.g. I'll have to see how pricing goes next month (I prefer to sell the old car privately rather than suffer px, which won't really be possible until after 13th April).

It may be that we have to stick with the 11 year old diesel for a while longer yet....
Good choice. The blue is common ( we have it) but it looks stunning and is the best colour😉.
Definitely give WBAC.co a try. I have always been put off with them in the past due to bad reviews, but generally have good reviews nowadays. We sold our last 2 cars and was quick and much more profitable than part ex and less hassle than going private. Also when you get your online quote, do it early as the quote from them (by email) just goes up and up towards the summer. And hopefully if lockdown does end the market will be alive again. At present don't expect much as nobody is generally buying big ticket items.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts