Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many other owners are there out there? Would be interested in finding out how many are left.

Does anybody know how many came into the country?

·
Registered
211 Posts
How's the leather dash holding up? I seem to recall seeing one on Autotrader a while ago with the leather wrapped dash, and it looked like the leather dash wasn't 100%.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Leather all good. We were only talking yesterday about the condition of the interior, it really is like new!

My wife loves the car, as said, perfect for local and the school run. Still getting 70 miles on a charge!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got one! A silver 2012 with red & black leather seats and a sort of suede type material on the dash, but not SatNav or screen.

I love it.

I looked the website HowManyAreLeft.co.uk (Search results for 'mi…' - How Many Left?) and it looks like there are 31 still registered in the UK. My 2012 is one of only 5 registered in that year.

How many other owners are there out there? Would be interested in finding out how many are left.

Does anybody know how many came into the country?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I've got one! A silver 2012 with red & black leather seats and a sort of suede type material on the dash, but not SatNav or screen.

I love it.

I looked the website HowManyAreLeft.co.uk (Search results for 'mi…' - How Many Left?) and it looks like there are 31 still registered in the UK. My 2012 is one of only 5 registered in that year.
Can someone post a picture of what their leather seats look like ?

This listing claims to have the Tamashii pack, but to me the seats look like the regular uncomfortable hard foam and cloth seats as found in the Ion/C-Zero:

Saved Adverts

Likewise this one:

Saved Adverts

This one says "Keiko pack" and seems to be slightly more padded seats (?) but still not leather:

Saved Adverts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Yeah those first two aren't Tamashii: they also have the regular radio. The third is Keiko though (piping around the seats).
Are the Keiko seats any softer and more comfortable than the awful standard cloth over foam ones in the Ion though, or is it just visual differences ?

Is there any page that lists and/or shows the different spec levels of the UK i-Miev in relation to the seats and radio ?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was going to post that neither of those are Tamashi cars. Leather seats are comfortable but haven't sat in a non leather car. Certainly not hard but the leather is not very soft. Hard wearing we hope!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I find our seats comfortable but wish I could get them a bit lower and be able to adjust the steering wheel to be a bit higher and closer to me. I find once the seat is far enough back for my knees to clear the dash the wheel is a bit of a stretch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ive got a Keiko and a regular car and the Keiko has the following additional extras:

1. Omron Charging remote
2. Brown with silver piped seat covers - seats otherwise the same
3. Brown door card inserts and door switch covers
4. Brown dashboard (two tone black/ brown)
5. Different radio plastic surround (has some chrome decals)
6. White lettering on the climate control dials vs red on the standard car
7. Dual front heated seats
8. Black not silver gear selector trim
9. Pedestrian noise alert (unsure if this is trim or year specific).

Both my cars are 2012, though I think the standard one was a dealer demo, as it's emblazened with choice dealer add-ons, like a rear spoiler, some random blue accent lighting, and these silver bullet shaped things that fix to the door cards where those dimples are... other than that -standard.

The spoiler isn't great, it not what I would call well designed, but I can't remove it, as it's bolted on... it's not totally rigid, meaning it flaps a bit when you close the boot.

Of the two, I do prefer the Keiko - the trim is a bit more interesting, and its totally stock.

What is a bit more interesting is the fact that the standard car feels slightly more responsive off the mark than the Keiko, but other than that, zero difference - both of them suffer with poor retraction of the drivers seat belt, and the Chademo flap on the standard car has recently decided it wont open.

·
Loadshedding
304 Posts
Ive got a Keiko and a regular car and the Keiko has the following additional extras:

1. Omron Charging remote
2. Brown with silver piped seat covers - seats otherwise the same
3. Brown door card inserts and door switch covers
4. Brown dashboard (two tone black/ brown)
5. Different radio plastic surround (has some chrome decals)
6. White lettering on the climate control dials vs red on the standard car
7. Dual front heated seats
8. Black not silver gear selector trim
9. Pedestrian noise alert (unsure if this is trim or year specific).

Both my cars are 2012, though I think the standard one was a dealer demo, as it's emblazened with choice dealer add-ons, like a rear spoiler, some random blue accent lighting, and these silver bullet shaped things that fix to the door cards where those dimples are... other than that -standard.

The spoiler isn't great, it not what I would call well designed, but I can't remove it, as it's bolted on... it's not totally rigid, meaning it flaps a bit when you close the boot.

Of the two, I do prefer the Keiko - the trim is a bit more interesting, and its totally stock.

What is a bit more interesting is the fact that the standard car feels slightly more responsive off the mark than the Keiko, but other than that, zero difference - both of them suffer with poor retraction of the drivers seat belt, and the Chademo flap on the standard car has recently decided it wont open.
Have you checked the cable connection by th elever. Mine failed on an Ion but was quickly put right as I was driving from London to Edinburgh!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts