Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tax program just denied me the federal 30% credit for installing EV charging equipment. After getting the $7500 EV credit for my e-golf, my tax liability went below the AMT (alternative minimum tax) amount. The program called it my TMT (Tentative min. Tax) and did not trigger the AMT payment but it disallowed any of the 30% credit for my EVSE or my electrical panel upgrade. As usual, I find the IRS instructions unclear. Has anyone heard of this problem?

·
Registered
30 Posts
My tax program just denied me the federal 30% credit for installing EV charging equipment. After getting the $7500 EV credit for my e-golf, my tax liability went below the AMT (alternative minimum tax) amount. The program called it my TMT (Tentative min. Tax) and did not trigger the AMT payment but it disallowed any of the 30% credit for my EVSE or my electrical panel upgrade. As usual, I find the IRS instructions unclear. Has anyone heard of this problem?
I just gave the receipts to my tax accountant last year and he took care of it. Got both the eGolf tax credit and the credit for installing the EV charger in my garage. Sorry I can't be more help. I would have to ask an accountant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts