Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got a letter from Renault recalling the car for a TCU software update. Saw others on the Dutch forum chipping in too. Seems like a long overdue issue. Mine has been performing reasonably, though there is no connection when the car is on my driveway. No cell phone problems there really and it seems to use the same network.

I have no idea what they fixed, but since it plays a major role in timed charging, I would expect improvements there.

Maybe this letter will arrive in your mailbox too. If anyone can get hold of some release notes, that would be great.

For reference: my car is a 09-2013 Q210 and for all I know it has the original, version 1 TCU.

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,711 Posts

·
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it is a mandatory, as in a safety or emissions related issue, mandated by the administration. However, the letter is crafted in a way that you might think not doing it is not good for you warranty ;) I don't know about the UK, but non-mandatory (in the legal sense) recalls will not be listed in the RDW (The Dutch equivalent of the DVSA) register. It mentions "if the problem occurs more than once and there is a risk of bodily harm".

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
450 Posts
I got a letter from Renault In March for my 2016 R240 inviting me to get my TCU software updated. The TCU was quite often cycling between disconnected and connected.
The modification was to stop the cycling which could drain the 12v battery.
The dealer did not have time to do the "active.solution", and the TCU was still occasionally disconnecting, and also needing an F31 fuse pull.

After the "active solution" was done 10 weeks ago it has remained connected, and I've never had to pull F31 to get the timer charge working, Happy Days !

·
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Info from a dealer (my translation):

"The TCU unit will be reprogrammed and checked for possible errors that can affect scheduled charging and/or remote activation of the interior heating/cooling"

I'd say: as expected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts