Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
peculiar thing in my 2013 Zoe 22kw - I would expect TCU Gen1 , instead when I search for TCU ECU in PyREN it finds TCU_GEN2_V3.2 and 2015 ... which leads me to think that TCU module must have been updated at some stage with previous owner .

however when I put GEN2 into my MFD settings and reset rlink (4 times press home button) when I go into connection settings the IMEI and 20801 MNC/MCCdoes not show up any more - but it does when I change it back to Gen1

any ideas anyone ?

many thanks.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,185 Posts
Quite a few TCUs were bricked by Renault when they deployed a heating update (dealer deployed) back in March 2015 (I think it was then).. I certainly had mine replaced, and at the time of the updated TCU being rolled out it was said the early model was prone to bricking.

Have you had the dash top replaced with the dark one? It was common for the dash top to be replaced when the TCU was being replaced as it was a dash top off repair anyway. I had the beige dash and the dealer offered to replace it with dark on replacing the TCU they bricked. Apparently there was a high chance of breaking clips on removing the dash top so they preferred to replace to avoid complains of creaks.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quite a few TCUs were bricked by Renault when they deployed a heating update (dealer deployed) back in March 2015 (I think it was then).. I certainly had mine replaced, and at the time of the updated TCU being rolled out it was said the early model was prone to bricking.

Have you had the dash top replaced with the dark one? It was common for the dash top to be replaced when the TCU was being replaced as it was a dash top off repair anyway. I had the beige dash and the dealer offered to replace it with dark on replacing the TCU they bricked. Apparently there was a high chance of breaking clips on removing the dash top so they preferred to replace to avoid complains of creaks.
ah right interesting - yep my TCU has a traceability date of 2015 (its a 2013 Zoe) no, alas i have a light dash on mine. Tried to remove the dash myself a few months back , I had removed absolutely every screw I am sure and tugged and tugged it wasnt gonna budge so I gave up and screwed it all back up again , would have loved to physically get to the TCU . It most probably got caught on those clips you were mentioning there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts