Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've had my Tekna 24 for almost three years, so the PCP is up. My local garage valued the car at £9,500 and the balloon is £12,500, so it's going back. RCI did offer me a loan to cover the balloon - at 9% APR!! Not likely.

For reference, this was one of the last of the MK1 cars before the 40 came out. I could have had an Acenta 30 or a Tekna 24 for the same price, and as I had a 40 mile round trip commute I took the Tekna. No regrets on that! The 360 parking cameras are a live saver and the Bose stereo and heated steering wheel are ace.

The car was discounted to about £18k, which I took on PCP at 36 x £233 plus a £500 deposit and a £12,500 balloon. I got free SupaGuard and a free home charger. Actually the SupaGuard box of cleaning products is quite nice, but I'm glad I didn't pay for it.

I will miss the car, but I don't commute any more and we have two other cars. Of course, that's assuming Mannheim can come and get it. I was told if they can't due to lockdown I can keep it for free. Which is fine, except it's taking up space and I'm still paying the insurance, but never mind.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
My local garage valued the car at £9,500 and the balloon is £12,500, so it's going back.
Always worth getting a range of offers, as valuations can vary dramatically. I've had quotes as far apart as £4k between main dealers and indie dealers.

I'm not saying you will get £12,500, but worth asking the question, particularly to the EV dealers that advertise on here. Of course during this time it's going to be even more unlikely, but on the off chance it could save you potential additional charges as well as the additional insurance cost and storage issue.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have you asked for a settlement figure from RCI?
I got a fair bit off my Leaf and arranged my own loan.
Maybe settlement figures don't work this late in the agreement, but worth asking.
IIRC Nissan finance gave you settlement figures immediately on their website.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I doubt they will budge on that price, and for a 24kwh even a 2017 tekna, its value will be struggling to push past £10k

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
The settlement figure was a few thousand more than the balloon and the two final monthly payments added together!
I take it you mean the trade value?

The settlement figure at the end of a PCP is the balloon payment, so the settlement 2 months before the end of the term will be slightly less than the balloon + the 2 final payments (due to a small saving in interest).

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Time to send a letter to Mannheim informing them that you'll be charging them £10 a day plus insurance to store it for them. They would do the same for you. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I take it you mean the trade value?

The settlement figure at the end of a PCP is the balloon payment, so the settlement 2 months before the end of the term will be slightly less than the balloon + the 2 final payments (due to a small saving in interest).
That is the price I was quoted for returning the car early. It worked out cheaper to keep it until the deal came to an end. Yes, I was surprised too, but that's what they told me.

It's finally being collected tomorrow after the inspection last Tuesday. They charged me £150 for the missed service, £150 for a scrape on the slam panel where the kids shut the door on the belt buckle, and £150 for the front door which I'd had PDR'd but they didn't like the look of.

Look out for EU17 NVD and let me know if you see it pop up somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts