Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to replace the 15" alloys that were really badly coroded with 17inchers from a leaf. I am going to ask Nissan why they were never sorted under warranty.
Its a 5 year old van with Full Nissan service history and 37,000 miles, I will probably get nowhere but its worth a try
IMG-20200626-WA0006.jpeg
IMG-20200701-WA0016.jpeg

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Personally I would not want such things on my van. I did hesitate to use my LEAF 16" winter wheels but they seemed OK. The legal ramifications of using a tyre with Lower load rating on a van probably won't rear its ugly head unless there is a serious situation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I would not want such things on my van. I did hesitate to use my LEAF 16" winter wheels but they seemed OK. The legal ramifications of using a tyre with Lower load rating on a van probably won't rear its ugly head unless there is a serious situation.
Hi Rory, I am sure they are not to everyone's personal taste, but (obviously) I like them :)
I checked the load rating of the tyres and compatibility, then also informed my insurance company and sent them pictures and specs.
I think the van handles better with them on and gets slightly better range.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Hi Rory, I am sure they are not to everyone's personal taste, but (obviously) I like them :)
I checked the load rating of the tyres and compatibility, then also informed my insurance company and sent them pictures and specs.
Sounds like you have covered all bases. I managed to get AA rated tyres which presumably help with mileage

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I'm glad it's worked for you. How do the widths compare?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
That's a considerable increase and I'd have expected it to result in a decrease in range, but clearly not.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Was about to say there is plenty of choice for the correct tyre loading spec out there is there not? just maybe not as cheap maybe due to larger rim and width size.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a considerable increase and I'd have expected it to result in a decrease in range, but clearly not.
The only thing i can think of that may have helped, is the original tyres on the 15s were E and C rated and the ones I have now are A and A rated.
When i got the van, it was showing 2.6 miles per KW, I have had it as high as 4.1,but its generally sits at 3.9, whereas in my leaf with the A and A rated tyres i get 4.7 miles per KW

1 - 9 of 9 Posts