Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Any advice for a newbie who'd booked a (notso)easyjet flight from Bristol before taking delivery of my leaf last month:
I need to get from Telford, Shropshire (124 miles says google, a nice number coincidence)...where to RC enroute that's reliable? The obvious to me would seem to be Frankly and Michaelwood if I just do motorways; am I missing anything? Going south I usually go by A road to Worcester before picking up the M5, due to the route being more interesting but am wary of the lack of rapid charging around Worcester M5.
Thanks, deb

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Hi Deb.

From Telford it is very easy to get to Cheltenham or Gloucester via the A roads.

If you then come off the M5 at Tewkesbury and follow the road into Gloucester Wessex Garages have a rapid.

You'll likely want to top up before the airport (IKEA, Bristol).

On your way back you can easily get to Gloucester Services which has 2 RCs. You might then want to M5 it stopping in Birmingham for a quick RC.

If you want to split your journey our AirBnB is in Cheltenham, just of the M5 and offers free 32A charging.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jason. Is Wessex and/or IKEA 24/7? I need to park up at Bristol ~05:00 :eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully Ecotricity will get to the Worcester services before the year's out; 61 miles between Frankley and Michaelwood looks uncomfortable even though I'm currently getting 4.9 M/kWh on the M54 at 60 MPH. I daresat that that figure will drop with the temperature and rain etc...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which Worcester Services? If you mean Strensham then my understanding is that they do not have enough power on that site
Yes. Was unaware of that limitation...shame... but they'll have to sort themselves out when EVs become more popular I guess

1 - 7 of 7 Posts